+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
are you getting any sms or emails regarding current status. once the visa is stamped you can see in CIC account that VISA has been approved. Then only they ship it back. So keep an eye in CIC account.
Yes, I am. IRCC started processing passport on Mar 22. No update since then, even CIC account does not have counterfoil details. M stressed bcoz plan is to travel on April 3, that's next Sat.

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Yes, I am. IRCC started processing passport on Mar 22. No update since then, even CIC account does not have counterfoil details. M stressed bcoz plan is to travel on April 3, that's next Sat.
I know its very frustrating that it is getting delayed. After you see the change in CIC account passport will reach back within 2-3 days

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
I know its very frustrating that it is getting delayed. After you see the change in CIC account passport will reach back within 2-3 days
Thanks, I really hope we get passport by Thur, April 1. Otherwise, flight has to be changed.

ras_dent

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Test was free. If you have any relatives in dubai you can stay with them. there are no restrictions for that. my mother stayed with my relatives till getting covid results. You may get visa in 48 hrs for dubai. but if you try to book an appointment for biometrics you will get a date mostly after 2 weeks in dubai. but in abu dhabi you can get date any time. but the quarantine rules are different in abu dhabi.
Thank you for the info. That was really helpful.

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
no quarantine in dubai. when we arrive the airport they will do covid test and will get the result on next day. after getting the result we can go to vfs office. my mother reached dubai on one evening and next day morning we got the result. did biometrics on following day and on the same day evening she came back to India. Total 3 days.
Hi @BC-PNP, did you have to change anything in their visa application to be able to submit biometrics in Dubai? In other words, did you have to mention Dubai anywhere in their application?

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi Guys. Need some info. My parents on visitors visa are travelling via Air India next week. I heard that they need to have a teturn ticket booked in prior. Is this true? Pleae help

Is return ticket Mandatory?

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, I applied for my wife's TRV along with PHAC approval but we received the final result today and they've refused the application on the following ground:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit/, based on your current employment situation/, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence./based on your personal assets and financial status./R, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence??

does anyone has similar experience on what to do about this?

Regards

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi, I applied for my wife's TRV along with PHAC approval but we received the final result today and they've refused the application on the following ground:

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit/, based on your current employment situation/, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence./based on your personal assets and financial status./R, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence??

Regards
Sorry to hear that. If you dont mind can you please mention the current employment of your spouse? Is there any strong ties of your spouse to home country?

If she is unemployed that could be the biggest reason of rejection.And regarding your question i think you better to wait for PR now instead applying again for TRV.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018

Regards
what is your wife current status in your home country? and how much money you showed as financial proof? did she ever come to canada before?

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
and w

Regards
and when did you applied for your wife visa? did you show her own bank statment or not? plz share complete timeline?

J7Supreme

Feb 16, 2021
Hi,

1. I applied for visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Submitted application for PHAC approval (mentioned UCI number)

3. Got a single entry visa in a week.
For step 2, does this indicate the question "What is the main purpose of your visit?", as I cannot find where to input description field, does that appear after I select "Other"?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
For step 2, does this indicate the question "What is the main purpose of your visit?", as I cannot find where to input description field, does that appear after I select "Other"?
Where are you looking for the field ? It’s in the form to be submitted and not questionaire

Feb 3, 2021
Hi

Does quarantine in hotel for people traveling on basis of compassionate ground needed?.I read in narcity that exception is there if you meet one of the three compassionate reason.

Have anyone travelled and skip hotel quarantine??