+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Email them on that exemption email to prioritize application if you are PR or citizen. You get an update in 2 weeks.
Yes I am a PR. I have attached the invitation letter in Nov20 saying that they want to see their granddaughter and be here on her 1st bday.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi, You have few options

1) Try to send an email to them asking to prioritize
But without valid reason we cannot tell them to prioritize the application. I have send them an email last month and got a reply after one week. So they used to check the emails, but i think they will reply only for valid reasons

2) PHAC route - this requires doctors note. not sure how you can show medical reasons since the baby came already last year

3) Keep waiting - You can keep waiting till you get a response. Due to Covid they are mainly approving urgent cases first. If there is no urgency it may get delayed.

I think there is nothing wrong in sending them an email requesting for an update about the application.
Thanks for your reply. I have invited them ( in Nov 20) to be here on my daughter 1st bday as they haven't seen her . Can it be a strong reason for prioritizing? What will be the time line if I keep waiting?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I have invited them ( in Nov 20) to be here on my daughter 1st bday as they haven't seen her . Can it be a strong reason for prioritizing? What will be the time line if I keep waiting?
There is nothing to loose if you email them. And you don't need to give any reason for prioritization as you are already PR.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020

ras_dent

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
I got my parents' biometrics completed at Nepal yesterday. I have couple of questions:

1) For anyone who has recently received passport requests, can you share how long after biometric completion did you receive the request? And did you send an email to IRCC for prioritization of application?

2) I sent an email to IRCC for prioritizing the application as per their guidelines for informing them of applications already submitted for immediate family members of PR/citizens. I haven't received any reply yet (it's been almost 2 weeks). But I did receive a new message on the application called "Submission Confirmation". Has anyone else received this message without sending the email to IRCC? Does it mean anything?
Could you please share the experience regarding biometrics submission in Nepal as my relatives are planning to do the same? Do we need to apply for visa to enter in Nepal? Also, do we need to quarantine in hotel there once we land until the covid test result is declared? Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thank you.:)

ras_dent

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Got Visitor Visa approval Today. Here is the time line
Applied from India
Applied date: Feb 1 2021
Biometrics letter: Feb 2 2021
PHAC applied: Feb 17 (Reason To support Pregnancy)
PHAC approval: Feb 18
Biometrics from Dubai: Mar 4
Passport Request: March 8
First of all, congratulations for getting the visa. That must be a big relief. My in-laws are also planning to submit biometrics in Dubai. Kindly share the experience of biometrics submission in Dubai from India. Do we need to quarantine in Dubai after landing until the Covid result declared? Also, what are the procedural precautions for travelling between India and Dubai? Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thank you :)

ras_dent

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
no quarantine in dubai. when we arrive the airport they will do covid test and will get the result on next day. after getting the result we can go to vfs office. my mother reached dubai on one evening and next day morning we got the result. did biometrics on following day and on the same day evening she came back to India. Total 3 days.
Do they charge for covid test at Dubai airport? Also, Do we need to stay at any designated hotel while waiting for results?

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys,
Anyone from India who has submitted passport to vfs? I want to know how long it takes once the passport collection request is submitted online. Currently VFS isn't accepting passports when you go in person to submit. Their person comes to collect it.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Normally it used to come back in 2 weeks. So why does that matter?
Actually, in my case, passport was picked up on MAR 18 and IRCC Delhi started processing Mar 22. So, I just want to estimate when can I expect to receive back the passport.

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Do they charge for covid test at Dubai airport? Also, Do we need to stay at any designated hotel while waiting for results?
Test was free. If you have any relatives in dubai you can stay with them. there are no restrictions for that. my mother stayed with my relatives till getting covid results. You may get visa in 48 hrs for dubai. but if you try to book an appointment for biometrics you will get a date mostly after 2 weeks in dubai. but in abu dhabi you can get date any time. but the quarantine rules are different in abu dhabi.

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Actually, in my case, passport was picked up on MAR 18 and IRCC Delhi started processing Mar 22. So, I just want to estimate when can I expect to receive back the passport.
are you getting any sms or emails regarding current status. once the visa is stamped you can see in CIC account that VISA has been approved. Then only they ship it back. So keep an eye in CIC account.