+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi,

1. I applied for visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Submitted application for PHAC approval (mentioned UCI number)

3. Got a single entry visa in a week.

I had applied my parents visa in July 2020 . I have UCI number and biomatric letter. Yesterday, I have applied for PHAC application. I got approval from PHAC . What is the next step now ? Did you send email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with PHAC approval and travel itinary or Did you wait for email from IRCC ?

Last edited:

siddix16

May 5, 2020
Hi guys, Sorry I am little confused after going through previous threads. My Question is

• Are the VAC reopened in India? If I apply for my Mom's Visitor Visa now (PR myself), can she get biometrics done in India
  • Many people are writing about PHAC application. If I get that PHAC letter, will my mom be exempted from biometrics,(if VACs are closed in India)
  • Is there any other way that doesnt involve travelling to Dubai if VACs are closed

Thanks

Anusij@123

Feb 13, 2021
I had applied my parents visa in July 2020 . I have UCI number and biomatric letter. Yesterday, I have applied for PHAC application. I got approval from PHAC . What is the next step now ? Did you send email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with PHAC approval and travel itinary or Did you wait for email from IRCC ?
I did not do anything.. just was asking.. my mom got visitor visa in 2019. So my question was for her to travel to canada does she need phac approval?

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys, Sorry I am little confused after going through previous threads. My Question is

• Are the VAC reopened in India? If I apply for my Mom's Visitor Visa now (PR myself), can she get biometrics done in India
  • Many people are writing about PHAC application. If I get that PHAC letter, will my mom be exempted from biometrics,(if VACs are closed in India)
  • Is there any other way that doesnt involve travelling to Dubai if VACs are closed

Thanks
Are the VAC reopened in India? If I apply for my Mom's Visitor Visa now (PR myself), can she get biometrics done in India --> AS of today, VAC is not accepting biometrics for visitor visa .

I got PHAC approval today. Not sure of what is next step.. gathering information from this forum.
]Is there any other way that doesnt involve travelling to Dubai if VACs are closed --> I am also trying to avoid biometric and ( dubai trip) by PHAC and other documents if lucky ...

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
I did not do anything.. just was asking.. my mom got visitor visa in 2019. So my question was for her to travel to canada does she need phac approval?
if visa is already stamped in passport, I believe she is good for travel ..following all COVID rules...

siddix16

May 5, 2020
Are the VAC reopened in India? If I apply for my Mom's Visitor Visa now (PR myself), can she get biometrics done in India --> AS of today, VAC is not accepting biometrics for visitor visa .

I got PHAC approval today. Not sure of what is next step.. gathering information from this forum.
]Is there any other way that doesnt involve travelling to Dubai if VACs are closed --> I am also trying to avoid biometric and ( dubai trip) by PHAC and other documents if lucky ...
Thank you John. Please keep us posted if you gain any clarity. Appreciate your response.

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
@Johnparker one more quick question, i got letter of support from my family doctor for my sister. If i send to phac for approval , will she get the visa? Any idea?
PHAC approval is exemption from covid for compassionate reason. it is not for granting visa, it is like avoiding biomatric if you have already applied visitor visa and since VAC is closed, person can't get bio appointment. so PHAC is kind of exemption. I got my PHAC approval but I am still gathering info about next step whether IRCC will email me and ask about travel itinary or i need to email to IRCC ....
still collecting info from persons in this forum who had done this process.

Anusij@123

Feb 13, 2021
PHAC approval is exemption from covid for compassionate reason. it is not for granting visa, it is like avoiding biomatric if you have already applied visitor visa and since VAC is closed, person can't get bio appointment. so PHAC is kind of exemption. I got my PHAC approval but I am still gathering info about next step whether IRCC will email me and ask about travel itinary or i need to email to IRCC ....
Ok got it.. thanks. My sister infact has her biometrics done last year . But then her visitng visa was rejected.. so we got doctors letter os personal support letter. Now if i reapply for visitor visa for her and then send for phac approval , is that the process?

siddix16

May 5, 2020
John, For PHAC, can the invited person only come for providing care(pregnancy etc) or at final moments? Do you have a clue if one can get PHAC approval just to reunite with family?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
John, For PHAC, can the invited person only come for providing care(pregnancy etc) or at final moments? Do you have a clue if one can get PHAC approval just to reunite with family?
PHAC is not just to reunite with family. It is for compassionate and health reasons.

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
I don't have much detail. but in PHAC form they have mentioned 2 category. see if you can fall under those category.

(1)To attend to the death of or provide support to a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, protected person or a person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act who is residing in Canada and who I deem to be critically ill.*

(2) To provide care for a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident, protected person or a person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act who is residing in Canada and who I deem to have a medical reason as to why they require support.*

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hi, did you receive a confirmation email of application submission immediately? I have applied for my parents PHAC and haven't got the submission confirmation.