+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Question about parent's visa for PR holders.
I see a lot of posts about parents application as immediate family member of PR holder getting approved.

Is this a special category to process to apply to? I applied a simple visitor visa in June 2020 and so far no updates (biometrics were done before for a previous visitor visa that show up in CIC portal)

Is everyone getting approved PHAC or are others also getting approved?

Reactions: satcan

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I believe this checklist is used only if you are doing a paper application.

Most of the people here submit their TRV application online. None of these requirements exist for online application.
Thank you. Could you tell me where the online application checklist is available?

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
There's no checklist. You can create an online account on GC key portal and follow the steps. All required documents are mentioned there.
Thank you so much for your help. I have two more question: Do we need to sign IMM5645 family info form? When I fill online, we are not able to sign it digitally or type our name. Do we need to take a print, sign, scan and then upload? Also, is there a minimum funds we need to show? How much is it?

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
I am in same boat. I am Canadian PR. I had applied for my parents visiting visa in July 2020 , I got biometric letter but biometric appointment in india has not done yet due to VFS closer. My parents are in india .

Question: With current Biometric letter which i got in july 2020, Can my parents go to dubai and perform Biometric on the same letter ?

Hi John - Did your parents apply from India?

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
Hi All,

I need some input here, please help.
My spouse is pregnant , expecting baby in 2 months and I have applied for Visitor Visa for my mother-in-law, she received biometrics instructions letter , however in India VAC's are not taking appointments for Visitor visa applications, I would like to know what are her options to get exemption for biometrics and get the visitor visa.

Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance.

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
I sent an email to IRCC asking for biometric exemption couple of days ago (application was submitted in Dec), and just now for my mother in law's visitor visa application, I got a new message on my CIC account and it is a "Submission Confirmation message" and it says something like "This confirms that your application has been received by IRCC..."

Does anyone know what this means??
Hi,

What's the email address you used to send an email to IRCC ?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Thank you so much for your help. I have two more question: Do we need to sign IMM5645 family info form? When I fill online, we are not able to sign it digitally or type our name. Do we need to take a print, sign, scan and then upload? Also, is there a minimum funds we need to show? How much is it?
You dont have to physically sign any forms if you are applying online. Make sure you validate the forms and upload them.

Reactions: Abhinandhan7

Anusij@123

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

1. I applied for visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Submitted application for PHAC approval (mentioned UCI number)

3. Got a single entry visa in a week.
Hi
Congrats.
A couple of questions. My mother already has a visitor visa. But for travel does she need again phac approval?
Can anyone please let me know
Thanks

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi John,
Since you already submitted visa and got biomeric request. You can simply apply for PHAC but for applying for pHAC you will need a letter of

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.
Thank you so much !

Today, I got email from PHAC . They approved PHAC Application for Exemption from COVID-19 for Compassionate Reasons.
what is the Next step, ?
Did you send email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with PHAC approval and travel itinary or Did you wait for email from IRCC ?