+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Acestar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-2-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
I am planning to bring my mom and my sister as well here bcoz my we had our son born last year. They both havent seen them and my wife could use some help.

1) Since i am not sure when they can come, could i possibly get a approx timeline flights and travel plan to get hte visa approved or do i need to get the actual tickets or flight reservation from India.

2) How long do they giving a tourist visa validity for people applying from India now ?

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Hi Soomeet ,

I read your post regarding your parents visiting visa approval. I am in same boat. I am Canadian PR. I had applied for my parents visa in July 2020 , I got biometric letter but biometric has not done yet due to VFS closer. I need my parents support immediately for my wife's postpartum care. I really appreciate your help if you can provide information ASAP.

Can you please guide how did you started PHAC approval for your parents visit to canada .?

Thank you
Hi John,
Since you already submitted visa and got biomeric request. You can simply apply for PHAC but for applying for pHAC you will need a letter of

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
guys I have applied for the exemptions under extended family reunification as my girlfriend is in canada but they have refused my request stating that i don't meet the criteria. I have applied again with a better explanation and relationship proof. anybody who got a refusal in the first time but got it approved at the second time?

Sri29

Dec 23, 2020
Hi John,
Since you already submitted visa and got biomeric request. You can simply apply for PHAC but for applying for pHAC you will need a letter of

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.
Should this be done twice if we are applying for both the parents (mother&father)?
Kindly advise?

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Finally Dads approval came in today..

Time line for my parents application as immediate family member of PR holder.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed for both
7feb approval and passport request only for mom and waiting for dad now..
9feb dads approval came in..
Note: did not add PHAC or any other form only sent email twice explaining the reason.
All the best everyone.

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Finally Dads approval came in today..

Time line for my parents application as immediate family member of PR holder.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed for both
7feb approval and passport request only for mom and waiting for dad now..
9feb dads approval came in..
Note: did not add PHAC or any other form only sent email twice explaining the reason.
All the best everyone.
great, congratulations. was it rejected at the first time that is why you had to send the email twice?

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hi, yes I mentioned 1st March as arrival date and got PHAC approval 6months validity from date of approval. Yes I sent them an email that my FIL completed biometrics and ircc sent passport submission request for him as well in 2 days.. so now waiting for stamping for both of them ..
Got it, thanks!! I will apply for PHAC approval in that case since it has 6 months validity. Our parents have a tentative arrival sometime in mid-June. Not sure about biometrics as the VAC is not accepting an appointment in India.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I am a PR in Canada, and my wife is currently applying for visitor visa to come to Canada to meet me. As part of the documents list provided in the checklist IMM5484, they have mentioned to include 2 photos and write name and DOB on the back. How can we write on the back if this is online application? In Online application, how can we upload 2 photos? I am really confused. Is there a separate checklist for online visitor visa application?
Also, they have mentioned, if we need to provide 'biometrics fingerprints and photo', we don't need to submit photos. My wife has not given biometrics before and so she will be giving this time for this visa. So, do we still need to provide photos as part of application submission online? Any help is greatly appreciated.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Friends, I am a PR in Canada, and my wife is currently applying for visitor visa to come to Canada to meet me. As part of the documents list provided in the checklist IMM5484, they have mentioned to include 2 photos and write name and DOB on the back. How can we write on the back if this is online application? In Online application, how can we upload 2 photos? I am really confused. Is there a separate checklist for online visitor visa application?
Also, they have mentioned, if we need to provide 'biometrics fingerprints and photo', we don't need to submit photos. My wife has not given biometrics before and so she will be giving this time for this visa. So, do we still need to provide photos as part of application submission online? Any help is greatly appreciated.
You're getting confused between spousal sponsorship and visitor visa.

The photos requirement is for the sponsorship application. And that's NOT an online application.