+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure when pregnancy because an H&C situation. Perhaps because of the pandemic but in general H&C is for people to travel to be with someone who has suddenly been hospitalized, is near death or has died. If H&C reason is pregnancy you will certainly have to pay for hotel quarantine and PCR test. You’ll also need to provide a quarantine plan for after you leave the hotel plan where you have no contact with your family because pregnant women or newborns are considered high risk and have contact with the healthcare system.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

My mom landed today in toronto. The process was smooth, they are taking the test at airport but not sending anyone to Hotel qurantine yet. It is up to you to book hotel or home qurantine. I booked 3 days in a hotel of my choice and left my mom there until test results comes back. Below were the documents she was carried with her: (she was travelling with PHAC);-

Original Passport and Flight ticket to Canada
TRV Approval Letter
PHAC Approval
Quarantine Plan
covid 19 test report
ArriveCan App confirmation (fill online and take a print out)
Copy of Traveller passport
Copy of my Daughter PR card
Copy of my Daughter passport
Copy of my Daughter Birth Certificate
Letter from my daughter gynecologist
My Insurance Copy (https://www.desttravel.com/?id=1684&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldu-7ZPd7QIVotSzCh2OfQkrEAAYAyAAEgKCcfD_BwE#/insuranceproducts/visitortocanadainsurance/quote/planprofile)
My Return ticket to India (*****Did not asked but as a precaution.)
Sure you are aware that a negative covid test doesn’t mean she has covid. Your mother could still develop covid and because pregnant women are much more vulnerable to covid and pregnant women have contact with the healthcare system your mother must quarantine away from your family like in a basement or a hotel/AirBnB.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply.i want to know will dr signed this letter if we ask for support from her parents.or we have to give some proof to Dr such as relationship certificate.please advise
Pregnancy is not what H&C is supposed to be used for. People should be applying for normal travel visa. H&C is for serious accidents, sudden hospitalizations, people near the end of their life, funerals, etc. For a pregnancy a normal a TRV is fine. No doctor’s letters are needed so save your money paying for a letter.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
From India it seems difficult to book a direct flight to canada in coming two weeks... mostly we have to enter through US(EWR) :( Anybody explored on it ?
I called Air Canada and they confirmed transiting through DOHA is permitted. That's the cheapest option without needing any transit visa (around 1275 CAD per pax).

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
Anybody's parents visitor visa application approved during COVID with no compelling reasons such as pregnancy or sick?

I recently got PR and want my mom to visit me because I haven't seen her in 4 years. She will be coming for more than 15 days.

Have you yourself or you have you read somewhere that some got visitor visa without really compelling reasons? Although her application otherwise is strong proof of funds and ties to country.

Really appreciate any response.

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
Anybody's parents visitor visa application approved during COVID with no compelling reasons such as pregnancy or sick?

I recently got PR and want my mom to visit me because I haven't seen her in 4 years. She will be coming for more than 15 days.

Have you yourself or you have you read somewhere that some got visitor visa without really compelling reasons? Although her application otherwise is strong proof of funds and ties to country.

Really appreciate any response.
I read the PHAC Letter of Required Support and I guess I don't qualify for those two reasons.

Is this letter absolutely necessary before anyone can travel or is it just to support the application?

Rahul_jain85

Jan 26, 2021
If you are PR she just needs a visitor visa not travel authorization.
Thanks for your response, now I am feeling hopeful!

By reading some posts I have come to the understanding that, the people who do not have the PHAC letter their applications have been halted significantly.

Has anyone experienced otherwise? Gotten a visa within the specified timeframe without a PHAC letter?

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Sure you are aware that a negative covid test doesn’t mean she has covid. Your mother could still develop covid and because pregnant women are much more vulnerable to covid and pregnant women have contact with the healthcare system your mother must quarantine away from your family like in a basement or a hotel/AirBnB.
Thanks, i totally agree with you. I have already provided a qurantine plan for full 14 days. She will be staying in a separate room in my apartment which has a balcony and bathroom attached. I will just provide her with food and basic needs by maintaining proper distance.

Also i think due to pandemic they considering pregnancy in H&C otherwise they do not consider this reason.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all, quick question. I sent an email to
IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
The email included information about my Mother in law's visit visa and my mother's super visa (both my wife and I are PRs so our mothers are immediate family members).

First question is - how long do they typically take to respond? I know it says 14 business days, but for people who have done this, did it take that long or more, or perhaps quicker?

Second question - In the automatic reply, it says that they will only respond when the email is sent from the same email id that was used for the application. I sent the email from my id, but my id was used in creating the application for my mother, while for my mother in law, we created the application using my wife's email id. Do you think I should send another email from my id which just talks about my mother's application and another email from my wife that talks about just her mother's application? Or should I wait for their response?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all, quick question. I sent an email to
IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
The email included information about my Mother in law's visit visa and my mother's super visa (both my wife and I are PRs so our mothers are immediate family members).

First question is - how long do they typically take to respond? I know it says 14 business days, but for people who have done this, did it take that long or more, or perhaps quicker?

Second question - In the automatic reply, it says that they will only respond when the email is sent from the same email id that was used for the application. I sent the email from my id, but my id was used in creating the application for my mother, while for my mother in law, we created the application using my wife's email id. Do you think I should send another email from my id which just talks about my mother's application and another email from my wife that talks about just her mother's application? Or should I wait for their response?
No guarantee on the response. I have emailed them for my wife's TRV 3 times now, over the last 3 months and they have not responded even once.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I sent an email to IRCC asking for biometric exemption couple of days ago (application was submitted in Dec), and just now for my mother in law's visitor visa application, I got a new message on my CIC account and it is a "Submission Confirmation message" and it says something like "This confirms that your application has been received by IRCC..."

Does anyone know what this means??