+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi All,

When providing the quarantine plan at the airport is it fine if we mention that the parents would be picked up by us in the airport or are they required to catch an airport taxi? Any pointers on this regard would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance!

Feb 3, 2021
Hi ,
I am also planning for PHAC approval for my wife's parents for her pregnancy.i am wondering what do we say to family dr or gynecologist for doctor recommendation. Can you please advise what documents do I have to show to Dr to get signed paper from Dr.please advise. thanks

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi All,

When providing the quarantine plan at the airport is it fine if we mention that the parents would be picked up by us in the airport or are they required to catch an airport taxi? Any pointers on this regard would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance!
Well here's some info to help you out, you should be able to use a personal vehicle:

Passengers displaying symptoms of COVID-19 after arriving in Canada may not use public transportation to travel to their place of isolation. Public transportation is defined as a bus, train, taxi, subway or ride-sharing service. If you have symptoms that may be due to COVID-19, you are only allowed to take private transportation (e.g. a personal vehicle) to get to your place of isolation. If you do not have access to private transportation or a place to isolate, you will be directed to a quarantine facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/takecare/transportation-and-parking

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi ,
I am also planning for PHAC approval for my wife's parents for her pregnancy.i am wondering what do we say to family dr or gynecologist for doctor recommendation. Can you please advise what documents do I have to show to Dr to get signed paper from Dr.please advise. thanks
Here's some info, hopefully applies to your spouse's parents:

A letter of required support, signed by a health care professional licensed to practise in Canada, is required if you're:
  • providing support or care
  • requesting to be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
  1. Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF).
  2. Send the letter of required support to the licensed health care professional who can certify that your presence is required.
  3. You'll need the completed and signed letter of required support to submit your completed application to us for processing.
Each applicant requires their own letter of required support.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

Feb 3, 2021
Here's some info, hopefully applies to your spouse's parents:

A letter of required support, signed by a health care professional licensed to practise in Canada, is required if you're:
  • providing support or care
  • requesting to be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
  1. Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF).
  2. Send the letter of required support to the licensed health care professional who can certify that your presence is required.
  3. You'll need the completed and signed letter of required support to submit your completed application to us for processing.
Each applicant requires their own letter of required support.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support
Thank you for your reply.i want to know will dr signed this letter if we ask for support from her parents.or we have to give some proof to Dr such as relationship certificate.please advise

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Thank you for your reply.i want to know will dr signed this letter if we ask for support from her parents.or we have to give some proof to Dr such as relationship certificate.please advise
Yes, a proof will be required otherwise the medical practitioner will have no basis of writing a support letter for a person he/she has never known or seen. Take your and your spouse's passports, it will show the relationship between you, your wife and in-laws. Also carry the visa approval letters (if any), and scanned copies of your in-law's passports. This is their travel document and the only major proof by which they can be identified.

What is a relationship certificate?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I had emailed them on this address. And they asked me to submit Biometrics.
So, basically their response was that till the VFS centers open in India, they cannot do anything? Or did you ask them for an exemption to be made in VFS centres, so your parents' biometric appointment can be scheduled inspite of having a Visitor visa application?

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Biometrics was always mandatory for visitor visa applications. People tend to fly outside India like UAE, Nepal, Pakistan, etc to complete biometrics.
A few people have got by, without the biometrics.
A biometric test is valid for 10 years.

I had emailed them on this address. And they asked me to submit Biometrics.

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Hi All,

My mom landed today in toronto. The process was smooth, they are taking the test at airport but not sending anyone to Hotel qurantine yet. It is up to you to book hotel or home qurantine. I booked 3 days in a hotel of my choice and left my mom there until test results comes back. Below were the documents she was carried with her: (she was travelling with PHAC);-

Original Passport and Flight ticket to Canada
TRV Approval Letter
PHAC Approval
Quarantine Plan
covid 19 test report
ArriveCan App confirmation (fill online and take a print out)
Copy of Traveller passport
Copy of my Daughter PR card
Copy of my Daughter passport
Copy of my Daughter Birth Certificate
Letter from my daughter gynecologist
My Insurance Copy (https://www.desttravel.com/?id=1684&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldu-7ZPd7QIVotSzCh2OfQkrEAAYAyAAEgKCcfD_BwE#/insuranceproducts/visitortocanadainsurance/quote/planprofile)
My Return ticket to India (*****Did not asked but as a precaution.)

Reactions: myra20sharma

ravi2018

Oct 18, 2018
So we dont have to wait for the results to come correct ? and would they let a passenger to travel to another province before the test results come.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So we dont have to wait for the results to come correct ? and would they let a passenger to travel to another province before the test results come.
Today’s rules is that if you are transiting you don’t COVID test in Toronto, for example. But you may have Covid test in the province you are landing. However this may change with mandatory quarantines.

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
Thank you :) and are they charging for the Covid Test?
They are not charging for the test. also testing is currently being done only at toronto airport due to provincial mandate, fedral rules are not yet applicable.

once fedral rule will be applicable all passengers will be tested even if they are going to other province and they will have to qurantine at govt designated hotel until results comes.

at of now people who are going to other province via Toronto are not being tested

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
So, basically their response was that till the VFS centers open in India, they cannot do anything? Or did you ask them for an exemption to be made in VFS centres, so your parents' biometric appointment can be scheduled inspite of having a Visitor visa application?
They asked to Submit biometrics. But it seems a lot of people got the travel document without biometrics. I did send them the approved PHAC letter. They are asking to get the biometrics done from the nearest VFS centre that is open(which would be traveling to a neighboring country in our case). I think this is totally luck and depends on the visa officer may be.
Biometrics was always mandatory for visitor visa applications. People tend to fly outside India like UAE, Nepal, Pakistan, etc to complete biometrics.
A few people have got by, without the biometrics.
A biometric test is valid for 10 years.

Yes I am aware of that but as you said a lot of people were given exemption and I think It depends on the vis officer probably.