+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Soomeet007

Dec 23, 2020
I

Yes very expensive and if new covid rules apply 2000$ more in addition to covid test charges at airport... huge burden on travellers
Be careful while booking a flight with stop in US or UK. The iternary request they are sending these days have specifically mentioned no layover in US or UK,

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Hi Folks,
I just noticed that from Feb 1 onwards there is a mandatory COVID-19 test in place for all international travelers landing in Toronto Airport. Wondering if someone has any information on this like if visitors coming under compassionate grounds are required to do the test and if so is the test free or do we need to pay for them. My in-laws are travelling on Feb-5 from Delhi to Toronto to Ottawa and not sure if they would be asked to do the COVID-19 test at Toronto and allowed to board the flight to Ottawa or would need to stay in Toronto until the test results come.

Should we be contacting PHAC for more information on the travel queries for Compassionate grounds or it should be IRCC who should be contacted?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hi Folks,
I just noticed that from Feb 1 onwards there is a mandatory COVID-19 test in place for all international travelers landing in Toronto Airport. Wondering if someone has any information on this like if visitors coming under compassionate grounds are required to do the test and if so is the test free or do we need to pay for them. My in-laws are travelling on Feb-5 from Delhi to Toronto to Ottawa and not sure if they would be asked to do the COVID-19 test at Toronto and allowed to board the flight to Ottawa or would need to stay in Toronto until the test results come.

Should we be contacting PHAC for more information on the travel queries for Compassionate grounds or it should be IRCC who should be contacted?
Really it’s a scary situation...!! Nobody knows completely about it.. I beleive they should be fine as mandatory quarantine rule was said to be in coming weeks.. but no fixed date as of now

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Really it’s a scary situation...!! Nobody knows completely about it.. I beleive they should be fine as mandatory quarantine rule was said to be in coming weeks.. but no fixed date as of now
True brother! It is really worrisome situation because all of us have tried so hard to get our family near us to support during this difficult times and still there are many uncertainties.

I know for the federal quarantine rule doesn't have a fixed date yet but Ontario government has set the rule for Feb 1 onwards. If we read the latest updates on Toronto Pearson website it has an update on regard to this.

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
COVID-19 tests won't be free I'm sure for visitors. I'd suggest calling CIC Customer service and Canada Border Services on weekdays.
I've found them very helpful.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
COVID-19 tests won't be free I'm sure for visitors. I'd suggest calling CIC Customer service and Canada Border Services on weekdays.
I've found them very helpful.
If you don't mind can you share the contact number which you have been using to reach them? I have tried calling CIC customer care many times but it doesn't connect to an agent...

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
CIC 1-888-242-2100
CBSA 1-800-461-9999...

You will have to try at random times of the day. But you will get through. Once you get thru, you can leave your Canadian phone number, and someone will call you back the same day.

If you have installed or enabled Call Control, make sure you disable it. [TELUS and Koodo has it own, and needs to be activated. If activated, disable it temporarily. You can ask your customer service about it.] Otherwise, when they call back, the call won't come through.

Reactions: canada810

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi Folks,

There are some contacts here;

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

Reactions: canada810

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Hi, I have applied Date as 1st March 2021 and I have also emailed my PHAC Approval and got response from IRCC in a day. All the good success
Hi,

Can you please share the email address you used to email IRCC? I emailed them last Wednesday and I did not receive any email from them yet.
It will be a week on Wednesday.

Thank you in advance.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hi, Sure will keep you posted on this. But while sending email to IRCC did you provided all the following details?

Please confirm.
Hi Guys, so do we have to fill out IMM 0006 since it is only for extended family member. But we are applying for parent visa since my wife is pregnant. Heck, this VFS still not taking visitor for biometric. So if we get PHAC do we still need to do biometric? I already got biometric letter since I already applied for super visa online.

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform you all that If you were planning to go to Dubai for Biometrics .Don't cancel for PHAC. In spite of submitting PHAC, I have been asked to submit the biometrics. Did anyone here had a similar experience. I was under the impression that with a PHAC letter, Biometrics will not be mandatory. My PHAC approval letter expires on Feb 23rd.

Now I am stuck!

Last edited: