+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am planning to invite my in laws during my pregnancy. For the quarantine plan, can I mention that they will be under quarantine at my 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment house? Or it has to be a separate place?

Last edited:

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
We got the Itinerary request today. My in laws submitted it through an agent and we thought we will get an email. But instead we received the notification into the CIC portal where the application is submitted. Please login and check in the portal instead of waiting for the email like i did. I think i lost a day as the letter was dated 27th but not much harm done as we checked there
hey..congratulations so much! I haven't received anything yet..keeping fingers crossed!

Reactions: gsriram86

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Where are we with the new rules in place :( It will be a nightmare to spend 2000$ in hotel stays.... Hopefully they exclude visitors on compassionate travel/emergency reasons..!!

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am planning to invite my in laws during my pregnancy. For the quarantine plan, can I mention that they will be under quarantine at my 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment house? Or it has to be a separate place?
Even I am thinking the same. Any idea where we need to upload the quarantine plan details ?

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
Where are we with the new rules in place :( It will be a nightmare to spend 2000$ in hotel stays.... Hopefully they exclude visitors on compassionate travel/emergency reasons..!!
it's ridiculous! how can they charge freakin $2K for 3 days...that's more expensive than a trip to Bahamas!

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Even I am thinking the same. Any idea where we need to upload the quarantine plan details ?
You have to use the ArriveCAN app
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html
https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/privacy

Depending on your situation, the border agent may also request the following:
Any supporting documents to explain your 14-day quarantine plan
Copy of lease (if applicable)
Letter from your Canadian employer (if applicable)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hey!

My spouse and I are Canadian PR. Both our mothers have valid Visitor Visas. We are pregnant and want both our moms to come to Canada to meet the baby and help us with the postpartum time.

Given the new restrictions, can they just buy and ticket and fly in (they will quarantine together in airbnb for 14 days)? Does the new 2000 bucks hotel stay and stuff apply to them?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hey!

My spouse and I are Canadian PR. Both our mothers have valid Visitor Visas. We are pregnant and want both our moms to come to Canada to meet the baby and help us with the postpartum time.

Given the new restrictions, can they just buy and ticket and fly in (they will quarantine together in airbnb for 14 days)? Does the new 2000 bucks hotel stay and stuff apply to them?
Yes, it looks like. Unfortunately.

"As soon as possible in the coming weeks, all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival at their own cost. More details will be available in the coming days. " - https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html?fbclid=IwAR3kkzg6UQjCeUWBKGkuy3LKY09M58-UQEucMi6wYBhMoCI-6KPRvFWo7ZQ

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes, it looks like. Unfortunately.

"As soon as possible in the coming weeks, all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival at their own cost. More details will be available in the coming days. " - https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html?fbclid=IwAR3kkzg6UQjCeUWBKGkuy3LKY09M58-UQEucMi6wYBhMoCI-6KPRvFWo7ZQ
Yeah, that’s what I suspected too. Thanks bud!
However it does not state when exactly are these new restrictions coming in effect and when would these end, does it?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Yeah, that’s what I suspected too. Thanks bud!
However it does not state when exactly are these new restrictions coming in effect and when would these end, does it?
Nope, it is still awaited. The flight landing restrictions take effect from 3 Feb midnight, cancelling air service to some destinations from Jan. 31st until April 30th

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Nope, it is still awaited. The flight landing restrictions take effect from 3 Feb midnight, cancelling air service to some destinations from Jan. 31st until April 30th
Thank you!
We are due in June and hope to call our moms then. Fingers crossed