+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
What are the reasons a normal person can get phac approval. My spouse is in india. I want to bring her here. What reasons can be great .
Hi @Guri079 : as other's mentioned, you can get a PHAC approval through letter of support from your doctor. And the doctor will only give you letter of support if you need the support of the person you wish to call Canada to help you if you are i'll or in other cases such as pregnancy.

gsriram86

Oct 28, 2020
hi guys...i got my PHAC approval last thursday on 21st jan. But IRCC has not contacted yet for itinerary. I have emailed them my PHAC too. It is normal? because what i see from other's posts IRCC is contacting in a day or two :/
Same here. exactly same timeline. Not sure who to email asking to request for travel itenary :)

DVSRS

Jan 28, 2021
@RV23

@Kaykay89

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.

Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the Guidance & Support on this and it gave us a Ray of Hope not only to us and to everyone. Thank you once again.

We have now received the PHAC Approval for my in-laws with 6 months validity. But please guide if we need to send this PHAC Approval to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca or Just wait for update from CIC on the itinerary request.

Kindly provide us this information as early as possible.

Thankyou in advance
DVSRS

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
Hi All,

Thank you very much for the Guidance & Support on this and it gave us a Ray of Hope not only to us and to everyone. Thank you once again.

We have now received the PHAC Approval for my in-laws with 6 months validity. But please guide if we need to send this PHAC Approval to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca or Just wait for update from CIC on the itinerary request.

Thankyou in advance
DVSRS
Hi, some members on this thread sent the email to above email address and some didn't. The instructions don't require us to send any email.

DVSRS

Jan 28, 2021
Hi, some members on this thread sent the email to above email address and some didn't. The instructions don't require us to send any email.
Hi, Thank you for the immediate reply. So I understand we need to wait for CIC email instead of sending PHAC approval to IRCC. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong, so that this might be helpful for others as well.

Thanks in advance
DVSRS

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
Hi, Thank you for the immediate reply. So I understand we need to wait for CIC email instead of sending PHAC approval to IRCC. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong, so that this might be helpful for others as well.

Thanks in advance
DVSRS
Like I said, IRCC don't require us to send mail. But it's possible that mailing them might expedite response from them.

I got the PHAC last wednesday and sent them email on thursday. Haven't heard back from them yet. Let's keep each other posted!

DVSRS

Jan 28, 2021
Like I said, IRCC don't require us to send mail. But it's possible that mailing them might expedite response from them.

I got the PHAC last wednesday and sent them email on thursday. Haven't heard back from them yet. Let's keep each other posted!
Hi, Sure will keep you posted on this. But while sending email to IRCC did you provided all the following details?

Please confirm.

gsriram86

Oct 28, 2020
let's keep each other posted...i hope we both receive it ASAP!
We got the Itinerary request today. My in laws submitted it through an agent and we thought we will get an email. But instead we received the notification into the CIC portal where the application is submitted. Please login and check in the portal instead of waiting for the email like i did. I think i lost a day as the letter was dated 27th but not much harm done as we checked there

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hi All,

Thankyou in advance
DVSRS
Hey congratulations !! My wife and I want to call our parents in mid-June for her pregnancy. After reading the posts I thought that the PHAC approval is only valid for 30 days and that's why I was holding back on applying. I have the doctors letter which I uploaded with the original application. Can you please tell me which dates have you mentioned for your parent's arrival? I think we are in the same boat and if that's the case, I will also apply for PHAC approval right away.