+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
It won't conflict... Mine was the same thing. My original application did not say pregnancy. But PHAC along with Doctor's note said pregnancy and postpartum support .

Chena1401

Jan 23, 2021
It won't conflict... Mine was the same thing. My original application did not say pregnancy. But PHAC along with Doctor's note said pregnancy and postpartum support .
Thanks much for the clarification
1. Did you get PHAC approval and visa as well?
2. What was your timeline

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
What should be proof submitted for "Purpose of Travel - Other " while applying TRV on compassionate grounds ?
Can somebody please suggest ? Also on compassionate grounds do we need to pay biometrics fees(85$) in TRV application ?

RahulKumar14

Jan 24, 2021
@Mac2015
No, I have just mentioned the duration. - No flight tickets and day-to-day breakdown.

Can you give me a reference link from where - It shows on the website that attaching PHAC approval will prioritize the application.???
Where do you attach the PHAC approval? i cant find a place on the VISA application form or attachments?

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello, I am a Canadian PR (got PR in Sep 2020) currently in India. I am travelling to Canada next month as my Indian employer has provided a company transfer to Toronto. Now while before flying back, I intend to file visitor visa for my parents. Just wanted to check if anyone has already filed visitor visa for their parents while being in India? I hope there shouldn't be a problem. I am really concerned to get parent's visitor visa so that they can come and stay with me in Canada for a short interval of time. Any similar experiences of filing visitor visa from India? Thanks!

Last edited:

Chena1401

Jan 23, 2021
Hi Guys,

I applied for a visitor visa (online TRV) last year to visit an immediate family in Canada. I received below information letter yesterday in my CIC account. Does this mean that this letter authorizes my travel to Canada?

As an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen / Permanent Resident, you do not need
a written authorization from the Government of Canada. You will be exempt from the travel
restrictions if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days.
Upon your arrival to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will
determine whether you are permitted to enter Canada. Please review travel requirements and required documentation on our website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel￾restrictions-exemptions.html.

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
hi guys...i got my PHAC approval last thursday on 21st jan. But IRCC has not contacted yet for itinerary. I have emailed them my PHAC too. It is normal? because what i see from other's posts IRCC is contacting in a day or two :/

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
hi guys...i got my PHAC approval last thursday on 21st jan. But IRCC has not contacted yet for itinerary. I have emailed them my PHAC too. It is normal? because what i see from other's posts IRCC is contacting in a day or two :/
Just wait for a couple of days. There was a weekend in between

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
I just noticed a significant drop in the Processing time in India for the visitor visa application to 120 days. I remember it was 159 days last week and 250+ days in December 2020. I really don't know if I should keep my hopes up but I am in for anything positive right now ;)

Guri079

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
What are the reasons a normal person can get phac approval. My spouse is in india. I want to bring her here. What reasons can be great .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What are the reasons a normal person can get phac approval. My spouse is in india. I want to bring her here. What reasons can be great .
There is no “normal” PHAC approval. You have to be ill, in hospital, require 24/7 care or it is for end of life care. If so, get doctor’s notes and apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Can someone help me please,
My delivery due is March 24. I am applying visitor visa for my Parents with PHCA . I want both my dad and mom to come. So in that PHCA form should I mention both of their names as travellers? Or it should only be for my mother? How does it work?
You may need to fill out letter of support form first get it filled by your doctor, both forms must be separate one each for father and mother, when you fill out web form, do them individually each for mother and father, there is attachment at the end of the form where you need to attach that letter of support form signed by doctor ( individual ), once approved, you will get two separate PHAC each for your mother and father. Important is to do applications separately.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Got visa approval letter for my mother today. No biometrics needed. So they take around a week after you submit travel itinerary. Visa expiry date is 4/4/2021,which is ok because we can always apply for visa extension. But I don't understand why they put a expiration date on letter ,given the fact that a person can stay upto 6 months without applying for extension. I read someone's post where passport was stamped(at airport on arrival) for 6 months. Also, general rule for TRV is that person can stay upto 6 months.

Thankyou @sb0821 for introducing this new route which I believe helped lot of people here.
Pls share how long was your processing time? & is ur mom family of PR?