+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
The price varies from traveler to traveler based on their age and whether you opt for pre-existing conditions or not. For both of my parents it costed me 800$ for 3 months for a 100,000$ coverage with pre-existing conditions. If you want I can share with you on PM the contact of the Agent who helped me with the Insurance.
Please share the contact details with me as well.

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Below are my timelines:-

Applied for TRV online: 7 Jan 2021
Applied for PHAC: 7 Jan 2021
PHAC approval: 8 Jan 2021(6 month validity)
Biometric request: 8 Jan 2021
Itinerary request from CIC: 12 Jan 2021
Submitted Itinerary to CIC; 17 Jan 2021
Visa approved: 19 Jan 2021
How long was the visa approved for? I understand with PHAC only limited stay visa gets approved.. is that so?

britsenyo

Jan 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

All the posts on this thread have been super helpful. A big thank you to everyone who has been posting updates about their status.

My situation is as follows:

I am pregnant and due in May 2021 and want either my mother or my in-laws to come and help me out during pregnancy and post partum period. My husband and I are both Permanent Residents (PR) in Canada.

My timeline for my mother’s application is as follows:

Application date: 13 December, 2020 (applied online and from outside Canada, India)
PHAC approval: 7 January, 2021
Visa application decision: 8 January, 2021

Although I got the PHAC approval for my mother, her visa has been rejected on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am planning to re-apply with additional documents, strengthening her financial status and strong reasons for returning to India. With regards to purpose of visit, I selected ‘Other’ and ‘Covid-19’. However, I did not mention my pregnancy in her visa application. Just mentioned that she wants to visit me for around 3 weeks (from 15th March to Apr 3rd 2021).

I have also applied for a visitor visa for my father-in-law and mother-in-law. And, I want to try to get their visa approved through the PHAC route. Compared to my mother, I feel that their proof of financial status, personal assets, travel history and family ties in India is stronger. But I am afraid that their visa may also get rejected, based on the purpose of visit, as I did not mention my pregnancy in their visa application. We just mentioned that they want to visit their son (my husband) for around 3 weeks. So, I am confused as to how to proceed.

Should I get PHAC approval for them and apply or should I withdraw their application and re-apply with additional documents about the purpose of visit, ie. my pregnancy?
Though you didn't mention pregnancy in the online TRV application, did you mention pregnancy in your PHAC application?

britsenyo

Jan 21, 2021
Hi. After reading the post i can think that you should have mentioned your pregnancy in the application as during this time any support needed on the medical ground will have a upper hand in getting the visa approval. The general travel visit might not get the approval during this time as canadian government is focussing on the essential travel only. So i would say update your application with a doctor s letter mentioning your due date and pregnancy .
Did the application say "normal" visit but PHAC said care during pregnancy or you didn't not mention pregnancy in PHAC application

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if I still come under the concerns in the thread, but any help would be appreciated.

We are expecting the baby by Aug 2021. So we would like to bring either of our parents by July 2021. We are expecting them to stay for at least 6-8 months. Our status is PR.

We are confused whether to apply for a Super Visa or a normal Visitor Visa for the parents.

With the Visitor Visa, suppose if I file the application by this month itself, there are 5-6 months to July 2021. Is this period well enough to have the process done in the normal route ? By Normal route, I mean, to give the biometrics and not apply for PHAC as our desired length for the stay is at least 6 months from July 2021.

With the Super Visa, the PHAC still applies if the VFS is not yet open in India, right ? We are really confused, but wanted to really file the application as early as possible.

On a side note, I heard from one of my peers that VFS Bangalore is accepting Biometrics.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hello Guys I entered as below in TRV form... but dont see an option to enter "COVID-19" as below...
What is the main purpose of your visit?
Other

I dont see any option to enter as below when applying for TRV visa... can someone help?
Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello folks, my mother landed this morning .she traveled on Air Canada direct flight. No issues faced. Followed @sb0821 's document checklist which he provided earlier in this thread. Thankyou all for your help and guidance. Passport was stamped with today's arrival date ,nothing else . No Return date or visa expiry date. Airline staff at delhi asked for text message as well along with physical copy of covid report. Immigration department at delhi did thorough verification on their end which includes verifying if she is a parent of PR.

bkp

Nov 17, 2020
Hello folks, my mother landed this morning .she traveled on Air Canada direct flight. No issues faced. Followed @sb0821 's document checklist which he provided earlier in this thread. Thankyou all for your help and guidance. Passport was stamped with today's arrival date ,nothing else . No Return date or visa expiry date. Airline staff at delhi asked for text message as well along with physical copy of covid report. Immigration department at delhi did thorough verification on their end which includes verifying if she is a parent of PR.
that’s great. Happy for you.
how did delhi immigration verify if she is a parent of PR.. is that through the documents we provide like copy of pr card & passport or they ask any questions..just wanted to know to get prepared.. if possible please share..

Reactions: Tarora

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Congrats @dsinghd ..so as no visa expiry date or return date was mentioned does that mean she can stay here for up to 6 months as per standard visa guidelines for visitor? Also for the COVID test report we just need to get it done from the ICMR approved lab right?

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
that’s great. Happy for you.
how did delhi immigration verify if she is a parent of PR.. is that through the documents we provide like copy of pr card & passport or they ask any questions..just wanted to know to get prepared.. if possible please share..
Thankyou.Yes copy of PR card and passport. No questions asked. Just handover documents to them. Rest is their job.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
I am applying for my mother and am on temporary work permit. Do you think we can have issues even after visa is approved by PHAC ?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Congrats @dsinghd ..so as no visa expiry date or return date was mentioned does that mean she can stay here for up to 6 months as per standard visa guidelines for visitor? Also for the COVID test report we just need to get it done from the ICMR approved lab right?
Congratulations having our parents with us is greatest joy..!!

Reactions: dsinghd

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Thankyou. I'm still not too sure about 6 month stay, although someone recently in this thread shared IRCC agent's response which states that if they specifically do not give you a return date stamp, then person can stay upto 6 months. I guess we should believe agent's word.
Regarding Covid test lot of people are getting done from private labs as well like Lal path lab have really good reputation. As long as a person has nicely printed report which includes all essential details, there shouldn't be a problem. Not everyone is able to get hold of ICMR approved lab but if you can, go for it. Yes text confirmation is asked from each and every passenger.

Last edited:
Reactions: canada810

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I am applying for my mother and am on temporary work permit. Do you think we can have issues even after visa is approved by PHAC ?
Tbh, I don't know man . What does CIC website say about immediate family member of a work permit holder? Are they allowed to travel on TRV at this moment? If yes, then you are good. Nothing to worry about.