+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Sri29

Dec 23, 2020
On CIC profile, it updated very same day within 10 minutes. But got the official validation letter on Dec 23rd.
Thanks you!!

I have applied for a visit visa (TRV) for my parents and received a request for biometric.

Both of them gave their biometrics together on 22 Dec in Dubai. Both of their application pages showed their biometric number and biometric enrollment date and the status is “submitted”.

However, only only my mother's application (secondary applicant) started showing a status update saying "Biometrics completed - 22- Dec-2020".

But there is no such update on my father's application page (my father is the primary applicant).

Timelines:
Visa Applied: 22nd Sep 2020
Biometrics Instruction Letter Recieved: 23rd Sep 2020
Biometrics Submitted: 22nd Dec 2020 (in Dubai)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elmira_Dos

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
So, I am filling out forms online for super visa. Under proof of relationship, whose birth certi do I need to put, parents or mine or combine both in one pdf file?

Also, in application how much do I have to put in Funds Available for my stay (cad)?
She does not have much less than 1lakh rupees in bank, no job, no pension. Of course I am sponsoring and will be helping her financial. What should I put in this question? Should I enter how much I am willing to locate for her or how much she has in her bank?

Last edited:

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Keep in mind that the expiry date on the visa issued is 90-days from the date of issue. Not 90-days from the date of flight departure.
If anyone is able to overcome this with Border services, please advise.

Got the visa in letter form today. Only issue is that the visa is about 70 days, and not 90. I have to change the ticket for return date.

varunchauhan

Jan 3, 2018
1. Yes, my in-law gave biometrics in Dubai
2. Steps
  1. Applied
  2. completed Biometrics in DUBAI
  3. Applied for PHAC approval (got approved in 1 day)
  4. CIC asked for travel itinerary
  5. After 2 days CIC approved and Sent single entry TRV visa/letter in CIC account (no need to send passport with PHAC process)
Note: As I mentioned earlier CIC is processing some TRV applications without Biometrics (Applicable only with PHAC process)
Congratulations on getting Visa for your in-laws. Can you provide the following information -

1. Did you book the flight tickets when CIC asked for the travel itinerary and publish the exact ticket details to CIC?
  2. For how long is this Visa/letter valid as in for how long are your in-laws allowed to stay in Canada?

Thank you. Really appreciate if you could answer these two questions. I have received the Travel Itinerary request from CIC. I'm just confused about if I should I book the tickets before sending the Travel Itinerary details to CIC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Keep in mind that the expiry date on the visa issued is 90-days from the date of issue. Not 90-days from the date of flight departure.
If anyone is able to overcome this with Border services, please advise.
Visa expiry date is only applicable for entry into Canada. Once you enter Canada you'll be granted an up to 6 month stay on a TRV.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Congratulations on getting Visa for your in-laws. Can you provide the following information -

1. Did you book the flight tickets when CIC asked for the travel itinerary and publish the exact ticket details to CIC?
  2. For how long is this Visa/letter valid as in for how long are your in-laws allowed to stay in Canada?

Thank you. Really appreciate if you could answer these two questions. I have received the Travel Itinerary request from CIC. I'm just confused about if I should I book the tickets before sending the Travel Itinerary details to CIC.
HI @varunchauhan could you please tell us if you followed the PHAC route? if yes then did you gave biometrics? Thankyou and also share your timeline please.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi All,

My mother-in-law traveled on Christmas day (Dec 25, 2020) through Air Canada and reached safely Canada.

No issues with immigration but I would suggest keeping these below documents while traveling.

1. Original Passport and Flight ticket to Canada
  2. TRV Approval Letter
  3. PHAC Approval
  4. Quarantine Plan
  5. ArriveCan App confirmation (fill online and take a print out)
  6. Copy of Traveller passport
  7. Copy of my Daughter PR card
  8. Copy of my Daughter passport
  9. Copy of my Daughter Birth Certificate
  10. Letter from my daughter gynecologist
  11. My Insurance Copy (https://www.desttravel.com/?id=1684&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldu-7ZPd7QIVotSzCh2OfQkrEAAYAyAAEgKCcfD_BwE#/insuranceproducts/visitortocanadainsurance/quote/planprofile)
  12. My Return ticket to India (*****Did not asked but as a precaution.)
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: dsinghd

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Great news !!!
How long was the visa on the passport stamped for? 90 days, or remainder of 90 days (from date of PHAC visit visa issue), or more?

Hi All,

My mother-in-law traveled on Christmas day (Dec 25, 2020) through Air Canada and reached safely Canada.

No issues with immigration but I would suggest keeping these below documents while traveling.

Note
: I have booked "Wheelchair assistance to ramp" because of first-time travel to Canada.

2. TRV Approval Letter
  3. PHAC Approval
  4. Quarantine Plan
  11. My Insurance Copy (https://www.desttravel.com/?id=1684&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldu-7ZPd7QIVotSzCh2OfQkrEAAYAyAAEgKCcfD_BwE#/insuranceproducts/visitortocanadainsurance/quote/planprofile)
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Note
: I have booked "Wheelchair assistance to ramp" because of first-time travel to Canada.

2. TRV Approval Letter
  3. PHAC Approval
  4. Quarantine Plan
Thanks
There are limited wheelchairs and should only be requested if people have mobility issues so those with actual health issues can secure a wheelchair. There are plenty of airport employees that are happy to help direct any first time travelers and who speak many languages.

Would add that this family seems have gotten lucky but the majority of IRCC agents do not consider pregnancy to fall under compassionate visas. This is really for emergency situations like funerals, sudden health issues, imminent death, etc. Others may also get lucky as well but it should not be expected since there are many other parents who have been denied TRVs or been told that this isn't considered an urgent request.

bilal058

Aug 25, 2014
@RV23

@Kaykay89

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.

Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks
Hi Sb,

Did you apply for PHAC approval or the traveler has to apply for the PHAC approval?

Regards,
Bilal

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
What is PHAC? When you apply for super visa, do you need to fill out? Also, how did you guys submit bank statement and what if you have multiple passport that has stamp. how did you guys submit it online? do you combine in one pdf and submit it?

Elmira_Dos

Mar 12, 2017
Thanks you!!

I have applied for a visit visa (TRV) for my parents and received a request for biometric.

Both of them gave their biometrics together on 22 Dec in Dubai. Both of their application pages showed their biometric number and biometric enrollment date and the status is “submitted”.

However, only only my mother's application (secondary applicant) started showing a status update saying "Biometrics completed - 22- Dec-2020".

But there is no such update on my father's application page (my father is the primary applicant).

Timelines:
Visa Applied: 22nd Sep 2020
Biometrics Instruction Letter Recieved: 23rd Sep 2020
Biometrics Submitted: 22nd Dec 2020 (in Dubai)
The same with my parents' applications. Main applicant's (mother's) has not been updated while father's has been updated.
Bimetrics done - 9 Dec. still waiting for updates.

varunchauhan

Jan 3, 2018
Hi All,

2. TRV Approval Letter
  3. PHAC Approval
  4. Quarantine Plan
Thanks
Hey, Can you let us know, for how long her Passport was stamped at the port of Entry? Also, did you book the tickets at the time of providing the itinerary to CIC or post that?

@dsinghd : Yes I followed the PHAC route. My parents biometric was done in March before the VAC closure.