+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
@sb0821
I might need your help then too.. we applied on the same grounds and now cic has made a decision on the application we filed for visitor and they are asking for passport submission, now we do t know that for how long my mom will get the visa. We mentioned her itenary dates from Jan 6 to April 2.
Can you share your timelines from the visitor visa application to passport request? Did you complete biometrics for them before requesting for PHAC?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Visa Refused for my wife on Dec 16

Applied - July 1, 2020
Biometrics Request - July 2, 2020
Biometrics Completed - Nov 25, 2020
Decision - Dec 16, 2020

Brief summary of my case. The application was submitted in July when she was still my fiancee. As such, we were not able to select "COVID-19" as she did not qualify as an immediate family member at that point. We submitted an invitation letter stating that she wants to visit me and attached a rough itinerary along with it. We also stated that we understood that the pandemic may disrupt future travel plans but since the visa is valid for 10 years, we would reschedule the plans if necessary.

We got married in November and still had not heard anything on our application. We then updated the application with our marriage certificate and a bunch of supporting documents including a Certificate of Net Worth from a Chartered Accountant.

I believe the rejection mentioned denial due to "Purpose of Travel" and "Personal Assets" because
  1. Initially our purpose of travel was Tourism and we later updated it as traveling to reunite with immediate family member - Contradictory information
  2. We only attached the CA statement for financial docs - we should have included bank statements and IT Returns.

Lessons learnt, will be applying again next week.

Can anyone confirm if there is a specific wait time after a rejection before you can apply again? Technically, one can apply immediately, but what is recommended? Should we wait for a few days/weeks?

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hello Friends,

I have submitted online application for visitor visa for my parents, the application was submitted on August 24th, 2020. Since then I have been waiting for Biometric but it looks Biometric is not available for visitor visa at this moment in India.

My wife is currently pregnant and her we are expecting delivery in middle of February 2021. I was hoping to get Biometric and visa process completed for my parents by then but nothing seem to be clear as of now since Biometric is not done.

Does anyone know when the Biometric can open possibly in India for Visitor visa ?

Is going to Dubai for Biometric can be good option ?

Please share your views.

Thank you.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hello @sb0821 ,

Thank you for your detailed explanation for each questions in this thread.. this helps a lot of people..

I just have a quick question.. since you have applied on PHAC grounds for your MIL, what reason did you mention in your invitation letter.. did you mention care or just visit the family in Canada..

Thanks.
To support during pregnancy and postpartum.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have submitted online application for visitor visa for my parents, the application was submitted on August 24th, 2020. Since then I have been waiting for Biometric but it looks Biometric is not available for visitor visa at this moment in India.

My wife is currently pregnant and her we are expecting delivery in middle of February 2021. I was hoping to get Biometric and visa process completed for my parents by then but nothing seem to be clear as of now since Biometric is not done.

Does anyone know when the Biometric can open possibly in India for Visitor visa ?

Is going to Dubai for Biometric can be good option ?

Please share your views.

Thank you.
Please read posts in this thread

No need for Biometrics

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Please read posts in this thread

No need for Biometrics
Thank you sb0821,

I have read your thread about PHAC approval letter, my question is I have already submitted application on August 24th and current status shows under process, however they have provided biometric form as well and said I need to take that form during Biometric appointment.

Now, how question is how do I get PHAC approval letter and how do i attach it to already submitted application ?

Thank you

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Thank you sb0821,

I have read your thread about PHAC approval letter, my question is I have already submitted application on August 24th and current status shows under process, however they have provided biometric form as well and said I need to take that form during Biometric appointment.

Now, how question is how do I get PHAC approval letter and how do i attach it to already submitted application ?

Thank you
he has mentioned everything in previous posts. First get the 'letter of required support' from your doctor then fill out the form 'Request for Exemption for Compassionate Reasons', attach/upload signed letter on page 2 . Then PHAC will send an approval letter. Which you have to send to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca along with other required details . Subject should be: COVID-19 PHAC. Then wait for their response.

Last edited:

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
and navigate to this section and read it THOROUGHLY each and every subsection:
What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa

in our case our doctor denied to sign the 'letter of required support' because we are already in postpartum stage. We filed our mother's visitor visa in September. In this case I decided to email them anyways without PHAC approval . I think cases where people have their deliveries due in coming weeks/months it is easy to get PHAC approval.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Thank you sb0821,

Thank you
Looks like you are not reading the posts. I have given all the information based on my experience.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Thank you sb0821,

Thank you
Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

For foreign nationals who need to enter Canada or are already quarantining in Canada who now need to leave their place of quarantine
Complete this application if you’re a foreign national who has:
  • not yet travelled to Canada
  • already entered Canada and is currently required to stay in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day period
You may apply for a limited release from mandatory quarantine to:
  • attend a funeral or end of life ceremony
  • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
  • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
  • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support
You can apply using the Application for Entry and/or Limited Release from Quarantine Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
  1. Fill out all required fields on each page of the application.
    • There are 8 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to the following page doesn’t submit information or your application.
  2. Attach the signed Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death and a signed Site Authorization Form(s), if applicable, on page 6 of the application.
  3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
    • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, ‘Submission completed successfully.’
You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.
Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry and limited release from mandatory quarantine for compassionate reasons.

Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive PHAC approval letter in a day (through email) and You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week (through CIC account).
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC (IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)

Thanks

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

For foreign nationals who need to enter Canada or are already quarantining in Canada who now need to leave their place of quarantine
Complete this application if you’re a foreign national who has:
  • not yet travelled to Canada
  • already entered Canada and is currently required to stay in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day period
You may apply for a limited release from mandatory quarantine to:
  • attend a funeral or end of life ceremony
  • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
  • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
  • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support
You can apply using the Application for Entry and/or Limited Release from Quarantine Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
  1. Fill out all required fields on each page of the application.
    • There are 8 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to the following page doesn’t submit information or your application.
  2. Attach the signed Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death and a signed Site Authorization Form(s), if applicable, on page 6 of the application.
  3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
    • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, ‘Submission completed successfully.’
You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.
Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry and limited release from mandatory quarantine for compassionate reasons.

Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive PHAC approval letter in a day (through email) and You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week (through CIC account).
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC (IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)

Thanks

Thank you sb0821.

Will go through the steps and see, if first I can get the letter of support from the family doctor. Thank you for the details response. Much appreciate. Will let you know in case if I have further questions somewhere.

Thanks

Reactions: sb0821

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Ok, I am little confused here.
Do we have to get letter of exemption to travel if applying for Supervisa for mother?
Now wifey is pregnant, due in mid 2021. Of course she wants her mom here.
Mother has no income or bank balance.
Earlier on this forum I was told, it's better not to mention about pregnancy and just apply for super visa
Which route is better super visa or visitor visa?
My wife has no income and never filed taxes in Canada as she just became PR in 2020, I will be financially responsible to meet low income cut off.
How can I explain this to immigration officer since I am not putting any job letter or notice of assessment for my wife?

Thanks in advance

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
@sb0821 Congratulations on getting the visa. We are in a similar situation and I'm really confused about the biometrics for which fee has already been paid but VFS New Delhi is not accepting appointments. On Friday, we received a letter from RROC after emailing exemptions with subject "COVID-19 PHAC" asking us to submit PHAC approval letter and itinerary with flight details latest by Dec 21st which is tomorrow!

• You mentioned individuals who are PHAC approved may not require biometrics. Are you sure? Is this mentioned anywhere on the IRCC website?

• PHAC processing requires you to depart 30 days from date of approval and visa is just valid for 90 days. We need my mother in law to be here for longer because the baby comes in March 2021. Is there a way to get an extension?

• Did you receive a similar letter from RROC? Did you submit actual flight details or just a dummy intenerary?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821 Congratulations on getting the visa. We are in a similar situation and I'm really confused about the biometrics for which fee has already been paid but VFS New Delhi is not accepting appointments. On Friday, we received a letter from RROC after emailing exemptions with subject "COVID-19 PHAC" asking us to submit PHAC approval letter and itinerary with flight details latest by Dec 21st which is tomorrow!

• You mentioned individuals who are PHAC approved may not require biometrics. Are you sure? Is this mentioned anywhere on the IRCC website?

• PHAC processing requires you to depart 30 days from date of approval and visa is just valid for 90 days. We need my mother in law to be here for longer because the baby comes in March 2021. Is there a way to get an extension?

• Did you receive a similar letter from RROC? Did you submit actual flight details or just a dummy intenerary?
1. I am telling this based on what I have seen. (I don't think it mentioned anywhere on CIC website). But y are you so worried about biometrics when CIC processing your application without biometrics.

2. Yes, you apply for an extension.

3. They asked for Itinerary. I sent the itinerary but keep in mind that when CIC issues TRV letter they mention our travel dates with flight numbers in the TRV letter. SO it's better to give them confirmed dates.