+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

KaZee20

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
@sb0821
I have some questions for you please!
1. Did you attach your mother in-law's bank statement or your own bank statement to her application?
2. Did your doctor fill the "Required Support Form" online or you gave him/her a paper copy to fill then you scanned and uploaded with your application?
Thanks

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821
I have some questions for you please!
1. Did you attach your mother in-law's bank statement or your own bank statement to her application?
2. Did your doctor fill the "Required Support Form" online or you gave him/her a paper copy to fill then you scanned and uploaded with your application?
Thanks
1. Under the letter of invitation I have attached mine (just the account portfolio from TD Bank) but with proof of funds, we attached my in-law bank balance confirmation from Indian bank.
2. Yes, I have emailed him. Then he filled it on the system, printed and then signed.

KaZee20

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
1. Under the letter of invitation I have attached mine (just the account portfolio from TD Bank) but with proof of funds, we attached my in-law bank balance confirmation from Indian bank.
2. Yes, I have emailed him. Then he filled it on the system, printed and then signed.
Thanks a lot for your response.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Do we need to have biometrics completed in order to travel to Canada with PHAC approval? Do we get the single entry TRV visa letter in an email or will it be updated under My CIC account ?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Do we need to have biometrics completed in order to travel to Canada with PHAC approval? Do we get the single entry TRV visa letter in an email or will it be updated under My CIC account ?
Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.
Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive PHAC approval letter in a day (through email) and You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week (through CIC account).
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Me and my wife both are Permanent Residents in Canada.

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

Now waiting for the application to process.

**********Please join this thread with your timeline if you/your family applied online for a visitor visa in October or November 2020 and Applicant location: India (outside of Canada)
Hi could you please provide me the details of how your mother got her biometrics done in Dubai? Im kind in same situation with my mother's supervisa.
Thanks

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi could you please provide me the details of how your mother got her biometrics done in Dubai? Im kind in same situation with my mother's supervisa.
Thanks
I have sent my in-law to Dubai to give her Biometrics. Covid test and visa are required to travel to Dubai and costs about 80k-1lakh for 3-4 days travel for 2 people (My in-law needs help so she has to take her son with her to Dubai).

Steps:

Apply for a UAE visit visa (I applied through a travel agent) – Takes 1-2 days to get the visa.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html

Choose from: UAE
To: Canada

It will take you to the UAE website

Book flight tickets to Dubai based on the Biometrics appointment availability (you have to book flight tickets and Biometrics appointment simultaneously)

Book Hotel in Dubai for the stay – It’s mandatory

RT-PCR test report is mandatory to travel to Dubai (less than 96 hours)

Buy some UAE currency (value: 20-30k rupees)

Traveled to Dubai: November 06, 2020 (once you land in Dubai, at the airport they will do a Covid test and it’s free and you can use this report to travel back to India if you are returning in less than 96 hours/ 4 days)

Stay in the hotel until the Covid test results: November 07, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (Takes 20 minutes to complete the Biometrics)

Note: Only the person giving Biometrics is allowed inside VFS Dubai.

Returned to India on November 09, 2020

Dubai plan:
Day 1: Go to Dubai
Day 2: Stay in Hotel until you get the Covid results
Day 3: Give Biometrics (Make sure you book Biometrics for this day)
Day 3/4: Return to India

soniya26

Jul 13, 2017
Dear All,

I had submitted a TRV application for my mother on 23 Nov 2020 from India. Since then there has been no update on the application. Now my mother will be traveling to visit my sister in USA and will be staying there for a few months.

How do I update the address on the application? Since the country itself has to be changed.

If I raise a webform it asks me for visa office. It asks for the visa office but I guess in this case the visa office itself would change how can I do that.

Kaykay89

Apr 2, 2019
@sb0821
I might need your help then too.. we applied on the same grounds and now cic has made a decision on the application we filed for visitor and they are asking for passport submission, now we do t know that for how long my mom will get the visa. We mentioned her itenary dates from Jan 6 to April 2.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821
I might need your help then too.. we applied on the same grounds and now cic has made a decision on the application we filed for visitor and they are asking for passport submission, now we do t know that for how long my mom will get the visa. We mentioned her itenary dates from Jan 6 to April 2.
If they are asking to submit a passport then you might get a multiple entry visa. Just submit your passport to VFS

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi All,

My mother-in-law traveling from Delhi to Vancouver/Winnipeg on December 25 via Air Canada.

25 December - AC045 (AIR CANADA) - 05:45 AM from DELHI to VANCOUVER

Visa status: Visitor Visa

Please let me know if anyone traveling on the same flight???

Thanks

bkp

Nov 17, 2020
Hello @sb0821 ,

Thank you for your detailed explanation for each questions in this thread.. this helps a lot of people..

I just have a quick question.. since you have applied on PHAC grounds for your MIL, what reason did you mention in your invitation letter.. did you mention care or just visit the family in Canada..

Thanks.