+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
Do the below:

**************My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.

If you already applied skip step#1
Thanks @sb0821 for the quick information. Couple of questions as your in-laws did the biometric from Dubai in how many days/weeks did they get the passport request or they didn't get at all till date due to which you applied for PHAC?

In case of PHAC request do we need to send separate Letter of Required support for each of the visitors (father/mother) and same way two forms for request for exemptions. The visitor visa was submitted for both of them together.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Thanks @sb0821 for the quick information. Couple of questions as your in-laws did the biometric from Dubai in how many days/weeks did they get the passport request or they didn't get at all till date due to which you applied for PHAC?

In case of PHAC request do we need to send separate Letter of Required support for each of the visitors (father/mother) and same way two forms for request for exemptions. The visitor visa was submitted for both of them together.
1. Our Application processed after I applied PHAC approval.
2. Letter of Required support per person and also PHAC application per person

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Does anyone know if new Delhi Visa offices are processing TRV applications for immediate family members of PR holders? Seems like they're sleeping.

canada810

Dec 14, 2020
1. Our Application processed after I applied PHAC approval.
2. Letter of Required support per person and also PHAC application per person
Thanks again @sb0821.
Did you just mention the medical reason in Letter of required support form as pregnancy care or do we need to provide more detail description on the health conditions for making the case stronger for approval?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Thanks again @sb0821.
Did you just mention the medical reason in Letter of required support form as pregnancy care or do we need to provide more detail description on the health conditions for making the case stronger for approval?
I think you should download and see the form (Letter of required support form) first.

It will not talk about anything specific.

There are 2 general options in the form and your doctor needs to select the 2nd option (To provide care for a Canadian Citizen, PR or a temporary resident).

Apr 16, 2016
I applied super visa for my wife's father, got a biometric instruction letter the very next day. I am looking for a way to get an appointment for biometric?
advice needed
thanks

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I think you should download and see the form (Letter of required support form) first.

It will not talk about anything specific.

There are 2 general options in the form and your doctor needs to select the 2nd option (To provide care for a Canadian Citizen, PR or a temporary resident).
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help us:
I wanted to ask a question regarding a post in the group where someone mentioned getting their parent's visitor visa on compassionate grounds.We applied for our mom's visitor visa in September as our baby was due in October and file is stuck due to biometrics. It was a simple visitor visa request where we mentioned she wanted to come and see the baby (her first grandchild). we also attached Gyn doctor's letter along with all other documents. Now the baby is already here, and there is no progress on the file yet. is there any way to apply on the compassionate grounds? Do we need to withdraw the visitor visa file and re-apply as She is alone in India as our father passed away and we don't have any siblings. To be honest we are doing ok here when it comes to support,first month was tough though but we really want her to be here with us for other reasons.

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
From what I was hinted (don't hold me against it) they are not currently processing visitor visa applications due to COVID-19.

However, if you follow the directions given by @sb0821 in this post, you could prioritize/exceptions for your visitor visa application on the basis of compassionate grounds. But I'm not sure now, in your case, since the baby is already delivered.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help us:
I wanted to ask a question regarding a post in the group where someone mentioned getting their parent's visitor visa on compassionate grounds.We applied for our mom's visitor visa in September as our baby was due in October and file is stuck due to biometrics. It was a simple visitor visa request where we mentioned she wanted to come and see the baby (her first grandchild). we also attached Gyn doctor's letter along with all other documents. Now the baby is already here, and there is no progress on the file yet. is there any way to apply on the compassionate grounds? Do we need to withdraw the visitor visa file and re-apply as She is alone in India as our father passed away and we don't have any siblings. To be honest we are doing ok here when it comes to support,first month was tough though but we really want her to be here with us for other reasons.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
From what I was hinted (don't hold me against it) they are not currently processing visitor visa applications due to COVID-19.

However, if you follow the directions given by @sb0821 in this post, you could prioritize/exceptions for your visitor visa application on the basis of compassionate grounds. But I'm not sure now, in your case, since the baby is already delivered.
@sb0821 can you please give your thoughts here? I can try calling my primary care physician and see if she can help us with required letter of support. Thanks

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Proceed with PHAC process
ok. So I found this online:
Letter of required support
A letter of required support, signed by a health care professional licensed to practise in Canada, is required if you’re:

• providing support or care
  • requesting to be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
A letter of required support isn’t required to attend a funeral or end of life ceremony.

1. Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF).
  2. Send the letter of required support to the licensed health care professional who can certify that your presence is required.
  3. You’ll need the completed and signed letter of required support to submit your completed application to us for processing.
Each applicant requires their own letter of required support.

-----I understand that doctor has to fill out and sign the letter mentioned above. How to get PHAC approval? lets say If I manage to get this letter from doctor, where should I send it for PHAC approval and where to upload in CIC portal ? your help is much appreciated.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
ok. So I found this online:
Letter of required support
A letter of required support, signed by a health care professional licensed to practise in Canada, is required if you’re:

• providing support or care
  • requesting to be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
A letter of required support isn’t required to attend a funeral or end of life ceremony.

1. Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF).
  2. Send the letter of required support to the licensed health care professional who can certify that your presence is required.
  3. You’ll need the completed and signed letter of required support to submit your completed application to us for processing.
Each applicant requires their own letter of required support.

-----I understand that doctor has to fill out and sign the letter mentioned above. How to get PHAC approval? lets say If I manage to get this letter from doctor, where should I send it for PHAC approval and where to upload in CIC portal ? your help is much appreciated.
If you already applied skip step#1

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application. -- This changed now it has 8 pages
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.
Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive PHAC approval letter in a day and You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks