+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa from dubai

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how long it takes for a visitor visa to be approved ? I applied on 7th Jan and got my biometrics done on 12th Jan, and after that no update, the biometrics only says completed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how long it takes for a visitor visa to be approved ? I applied on 7th Jan and got my biometrics done on 12th Jan, and after that no update, the biometrics only says completed.
From Dubai the average is about 360 days. What is your reason to travel>

Abe2

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hello, my wife applied for a Visit visa in March 5,2022 and there were no need to do biometric because she has done this few years back.

As mentioned by Kamran89, IRCC says processing time as of today is 43 days and so far no update for us although we submitted the application 65 days back.

Today, I have send an inquiry through the web-form: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and they said they will take 28 working days to get back to us on this inquiry.

Really it is taking lots of time and please let me know if you are aware of any procedure to expedite this process .

Please Kamran89 keep us updated with your application status.

kamran89

Feb 3, 2022
Sure
Hello, my wife applied for a Visit visa in March 5,2022 and there were no need to do biometric because she has done this few years back.

As mentioned by Kamran89, IRCC says processing time as of today is 43 days and so far no update for us although we submitted the application 65 days back.

Today, I have send an inquiry through the web-form: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and they said they will take 28 working days to get back to us on this inquiry.

Really it is taking lots of time and please let me know if you are aware of any procedure to expedite this process .

Please Kamran89 keep us updated with your application status.
sure will keep you posted.

astridR

Jun 7, 2022
Hi everyone,
hi any update for your application?

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone. My brother and Mom applied last March to come to visit me ( a PR applicant) in Canada. This is their timeline.
Applied online from Dubai: March 5
Biometrics Done: March 22

We have been waiting for almost a year now, I do not understand why it is taking too long. Is anyone else in the same situation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone. My brother and Mom applied last March to come to visit me ( a PR applicant) in Canada. This is their timeline.
Applied online from Dubai: March 5
Biometrics Done: March 22

We have been waiting for almost a year now, I do not understand why it is taking too long. Is anyone else in the same situation
Are they from Dubai? Gave you verified if the application is still being processed? If it is I would contact your MP and ask why there is such a delay. 6 months is not unheard of but almost a year is very unusual although there are some countries where background checks seem very delayed. The fact that you aren’t a PR yet may make it more difficult for them to get TRVs. Would suggest just applying for your mother if they get denied.

Edit: Are they Lebanese? If so then getting a TRV may be very difficult.