+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Wife

KBald

Dec 6, 2020
My wife and I are attempting to apply for a Family Sponsorship for her to immigrate to Canada, but we are currently stuck in the swamp of the Colombian bureaucracy, trying to get documents for a long time. She has visited Canada in the past, prior to our marriage, but her tourist visa expired during 2020, and it was impossible to get a visa during the pandemic. Now that things have mostly returned to normal, we are trying to get her a visitor visa so we can at least alternate visits between Canada and Colombia in order to make regular visits work with our work schedules, but a visa agency has told us that because we are married, she will be denied any tourist visas. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife and I are attempting to apply for a Family Sponsorship for her to immigrate to Canada, but we are currently stuck in the swamp of the Colombian bureaucracy, trying to get documents for a long time. She has visited Canada in the past, prior to our marriage, but her tourist visa expired during 2020, and it was impossible to get a visa during the pandemic. Now that things have mostly returned to normal, we are trying to get her a visitor visa so we can at least alternate visits between Canada and Colombia in order to make regular visits work with our work schedules, but a visa agency has told us that because we are married, she will be denied any tourist visas. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Denial is not automatic and depends on a variety of factors and also luck. A rough estimate of success would normally be 50/50. However I would put her chances higher given she previously help a visitor visa to Canada. She should definitely apply. Ignore the agency.

Reactions: KBald and armoured

KBald

Dec 6, 2020
Denial is not automatic and depends on a variety of factors and also luck. A rough estimate of success would normally be 50/50. However I would put her chances higher given she previously help a visitor visa to Canada. She should definitely apply. Ignore the agency.
Ok thanks for the reply! So I take it our marriage won't negatively affect the application? I am going to write a letter of invitation also. Hopefully that will help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok thanks for the reply! So I take it our marriage won't negatively affect the application? I am going to write a letter of invitation also. Hopefully that will help.
Yes it will negatively affect your application because there will be concerns that she will remain in Canada and not return home. It is very important that she show strong ties to Colombia like god longterm job, property, good savings, etc.

KBald

Dec 6, 2020
Yes it will negatively affect your application because there will be concerns that she will remain in Canada and not return home. It is very important that she show strong ties to Colombia like god longterm job, property, good savings, etc.
That's what I figured. She has property and a business she's owned for many years. Savings aren't so great due to how hard the pandemic was on businesses though.

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hello guys,
My wife works in India and we applied her Visitor Visa on Apr 26th 2022. Are they even processing the Visas? It's been two month for the Spousal Sponsorship and We haven't got an AOR yet.