+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for wife, bank funds, sponsorship

cnochus

Oct 28, 2017
Dear All,

I am a PR and am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my wife but I lost my job recently. I want to sponsor my wife but I know that if I submit a sponsorship application then it will become really difficult for my wife's visit until a final decision on the application is made. I would also like to mention that my wife has sufficient funds in her account. I will also be able to book a roundtrip flight for my wife before the visa application.
Below are my questions:
1) Is it advisable to apply for the visitor visa. Also, if I go ahead and apply but the visa gets rejected will it leave a blemish on my future sponsorship for my wife.
2) What is the minimum balance that I should have in my account to be able to apply for the visa.

I would be really grateful for any and every kind of help that forum members can provide.
Thanking you all in anticipation!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife's abilities to obtain a trv is more dependent on her being able to show strong ties to her home country than your finances. She would need to show things like a good longterm job, property in her name, family depending on her, decent amount of savings, etc.

If your wife's trv gets refused it will not interfere with her PR application.

Reactions: cnochus

cnochus

Oct 28, 2017
Your wife's abilities to obtain a trv is more dependent on her being able to show strong ties to her home country than your finances. She would need to show things like a good longterm job, property in her name, family depending on her, decent amount of savings, etc.

If your wife's trv gets refused it will not interfere with her PR application.

Dear Canuck78,

Thank you so much for your kind help. May God bless you.

Best Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should also mention that she would likely need a travel history to countries that require a visa like US, Australia, UK, etc

cnochus

Oct 28, 2017
Should also mention that she would likely need a travel history to countries that require a visa like US, Australia, UK, etc
Hi Canuck78,

Thanks again for the information!

I have a question regarding the amount of funds that my wife should have in her account. Can fixed deposit be taken into account during the application process?
Also, can you please tell me how much I should ideally have in my account for her visa; or is it even necessary for me to attach my bank account details?
She has a fixed deposit in her account as well as liquid money. I have already booked her return tickets and she has more than enough money required for the stay.

Warm Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure how much she should have exactly but she would need enough to cover her own travel costs and costs in Canada like she was a tourist. No you shouldn't transfer a lump sum in her account. It will be clear that someone has transferred the funds. Yes you can attach your bank records. Unless your wife has strong ties to her home country like a longterm job and a travel history she will likely be refused.

Reactions: cnochus

cnochus

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure how much she should have exactly but she would need enough to cover her own travel costs and costs in Canada like she was a tourist. No you shouldn't transfer a lump sum in her account. It will be clear that someone has transferred the funds. Yes you can attach your bank records. Unless your wife has strong ties to her home country like a longterm job and a travel history she will likely be refused.
Thanks a lot for your time and kind help regarding this!!

Best Regards