+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Venezuelan parents

seetom

Mar 4, 2020
Hi everyone--hoping I could get some feedback regarding our situation.

I sponsored my husband and he finally got his PR earlier this year (April-May ish). He is from Venezuela. Around the same time we found out that I am pregnant..(currently 7 months preggo due in December). I am a Canadian Citizen. He has not seen his parents for almost 7 years (long story but he lost his status as he initially came here as a student) and we would like to invite his parents to visit and meet the baby/hopefully be here for her birth.

He is currently working technically part time as a Clinic Assistant (but with full time hours) so his income is not super high.. however, mine is pretty decent and I am only planning on going on maternity leave for 6 months (with 5 months paid leave). I've read somewhere that due to the current situation in Venezuela, immigration is pretty tough with granting tourist visas. His dad has a pretty stable job there and wouldn't have any issues getting a letter of employment. They also have property there and one of his brothers will be staying back in Venezuela when his parents visit, so I think they have a decent case to say that they will be going back and not overstaying, but wanted to know your guys' thoughts on this.

Thanks so much. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!