+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for US

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
Hi,
Is it easy to get a visitor visa for US if my husband is in US and I am a PR in Canada. I moved here in August and my visa interview in September. Kindly let me know what documents I can show to support my visitor visa application.

Thank you,

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi,
Is it easy to get a visitor visa for US if my husband is in US and I am a PR in Canada. I moved here in August and my visa interview in September. Kindly let me know what documents I can show to support my visitor visa application.

Thank you,
What Visa does your husband have? It is generally easier to get dependent (H4, L2) Visas since those allow immigrant intent.

For B1/B2 (visitor) visa you have to prove that you have no intention to immigrate to the US. Having an established residence in Canada helps with this.

Reactions: Captain789

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
What Visa does your husband have? It is generally easier to get dependent (H4, L2) Visas since those allow immigrant intent.

For B1/B2 (visitor) visa you have to prove that you have no intention to immigrate to the US. Having an established residence in Canada helps with this.
student visa.

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
You can then apply for F2 Visa. It may be slightly easier than B1/B2. But at the same time, B1/B2 is independent and you can use in future even when your husband is no longer in F1 status.
Thank you so much for the reply. True, that is the reason I am applying to Visitor Visa as I have friends and family is US that I would like to meet also.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply. True, that is the reason I am applying to Visitor Visa as I have friends and family is US that I would like to meet also.
Keep in mind your husband already has a F1 Visa,. the consulate could qs on why the need for Tourist visa rather than F2 dependent visa

santab

Sep 15, 2018
If you are visiting for a short time and have a tentative travel itinerary, then using b1/b2 visa is a better option. H4 or F2 or L2 visas are for dependents. You are really not travelling as a dependent. Rather you are travelling to visit your relatives (spouse or other relatives). Applying a visitor visa makes sense. Provide a confirmed itinerary and make sure that you establish that you are returning back

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
If you are visiting for a short time and have a tentative travel itinerary, then using b1/b2 visa is a better option. H4 or F2 or L2 visas are for dependents. You are really not travelling as a dependent. Rather you are travelling to visit your relatives (spouse or other relatives). Applying a visitor visa makes sense. Provide a confirmed itinerary and make sure that you establish that you are returning back
Thank you so much for the help. By confirmed itinerary do you mean to say I should book the flight tickets before the interview. Thanks.