+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for the spouse of PR

Goodday1

Apr 25, 2018
Hi all,

My spouse is a Canada PR. We are currently living in USA(on work visa),we would like to know the process to get me visitor visa as we can not go with sponsorship until he starts living in Canada.

We would like to go together when we are moving, please suggest if there is any other possible way for us in this case.

Thanks!

Goodday1

Apr 25, 2018
I am given with two choice, visitor visa and sponsorship in the site.

As he is outside Canada, we are left with visitor option only. But we do not have any friends there for invitation letter. Can we say our real situation and attach it as proof and try for visitor visa? Will that work?

Thanks

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi all,

My spouse is a Canada PR. We are currently living in USA(on work visa),we would like to know the process to get me visitor visa as we can not go with sponsorship until he starts living in Canada.

We would like to go together when we are moving, please suggest if there is any other possible way for us in this case.

Thanks!
What is your nationality?? Because certain nationalities would not require a visitor visa , they only need an ETA to come to Canada...

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
In that case the option is to apply for a visitor visa....
As someone with a US work permit that shouldn’t be hard as that is a significant tie ... however there have been issues with applicants applying for visitor visas in a third party country..... CIC has been know to refuse a lot of such applications... good luck though

Goodday1

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you..

Instead of invitation letter, can my spouse write letter stating the real situation and attach as proof. Will that help?

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Any such move would lead to a refusal as CIC would see your intention as being to settle and not visit and a visitor visa is not the proper way....

When your husband got his PR did he declare you as his spouse??

And has he already landed as a PR or he is still to do that?