+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
@scylla @Naturgrl @canuck78

I am a temporary resident on open work permit and applied for visitor visa for my spouse (applicant) through the new IRCC portal.

Now, I have a doubt regarding the proof of fund question :

Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? YES

We have also attached a joint account (Indian bank under her name & mine, along with my Canadian bank statements.

This question was answered as 'Yes', as I'm supporting her finances. Was this the right option to choose?

Thanks in advance!

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
It was the right option if the answer was the truth. It seems that it was a truthful answer since you go on to say you answered 'yes' "as I am supporting her finances." Are you asking if a carefully-chosen lie would have been a better answer?
Not about carefully chosen lie, the answer to it can be interpreted in any way. She has her own funds in the joint account to support her visit but at the same time, I m helping her with her expenses here in Canada and I also send money regularly to the joint account.

kikkat

Star Member
May 18, 2020
@scylla @Naturgrl @canuck78

I am a temporary resident on open work permit and applied for visitor visa for my spouse (applicant) through the new IRCC portal.

Now, I have a doubt regarding the proof of fund question :

Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? YES

We have also attached a joint account (Indian bank under her name & mine, along with my Canadian bank statements.

This question was answered as 'Yes', as I'm supporting her finances. Was this the right option to choose?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Kumar,
Could you please share the timeline for your application as I am about to apply for my spouse in India.

Chinmai89

Feb 28, 2021
Applied on Oct 10
Biometrics completed on : Oct 4
Waiting for next updates
Hi Kumar, any update on your spouse's visitor visa??

I just want to check the processing time of visitor visa through new portal from India. I am in the same situation here, I applied for my spouse's visitor visa as an immediate family member on October 25th ( biometrics previously submitted and automatically updated on new portal)

Thank you

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hi Kumar, any update on your spouse's visitor visa??

I just want to check the processing time of visitor visa through new portal from India. I am in the same situation here, I applied for my spouse's visitor visa as an immediate family member on October 25th ( biometrics previously submitted and automatically updated on new portal)

Thank you
Hi,
No major updates, still waiting..
Background check is in process

Reactions: Chinmai89

Gowri Dhamotharan

May 28, 2017
Chennai India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Hi,
No major updates, still waiting..
Background check is in process
Hi Kumar,

I am planning to apply trv for my spouse who is in India. We are preparing sponsorship application, it will take some more time to submit sponsorship app.

Did you get TRV for your spouse? I am just trying to understand whether submitting TRV before sponsorship will work or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Kumar,

I am planning to apply trv for my spouse who is in India. We are preparing sponsorship application, it will take some more time to submit sponsorship app.

Did you get TRV for your spouse? I am just trying to understand whether submitting TRV before sponsorship will work or not.
TRV application won’t have an impact on your sponsorship application. Whether your TRV will be approved or not is tough to say. After you are married your ties to Canada become much stronger and you must provide proof that you are only planning on visiting Canada. Does your spouse have a longterm job? Have they travelled internationally before to places like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? In general I would try to submit your sponsorship application as soon as possible.

Gowri Dhamotharan

May 28, 2017
Chennai India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
TRV application won’t have an impact on your sponsorship application. Whether your TRV will be approved or not is tough to say. After you are married your ties to Canada become much stronger and you must provide proof that you are only planning on visiting Canada. Does your spouse have a longterm job? Have they travelled internationally before to places like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? In general I would try to submit your sponsorship application as soon as possible.
thank you for your response. He travelled Netherlands in ICT visa. He has a job in India.we will submit all of his employment proof. The thing is , his Netherlands PCC is taking some time. So we thought to give a try for trv.