+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse

muchmuch

Sep 27, 2020
I'm a PR holder currently in India. Planning on getting married in Jan. I may be moving to Canada next month (new job). Looking for ways to get my fiance along with me. My idea was to get her a visit visa before getting married and then do an inland process once she is there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm a PR holder currently in India. Planning on getting married in Jan. I may be moving to Canada next month (new job). Looking for ways to get my fiance along with me. My idea was to get her a visit visa before getting married and then do an inland process once she is there.
Yes that is the best option. Will really depend on her ties to her home country, savings and previous international travel. TRVs from Canada can be very hard to get.

muchmuch

Sep 27, 2020
Yes that is the best option. Will really depend on her ties to her home country, savings and previous international travel. TRVs from Canada can be very hard to get.
Indeed it is the best option, but perhaps not in current travel restrictions. Now the best way seems to be to get a legal marriage done and then apply for a visit visa for the spouse, which is allowed in the current travel restrictions. The downside is that if we are married then the chances of visitor visa rejection are higher in normal travel circumstances (once travel restrictions are lifted). Basically, this is somewhat like betting against travel restrictions being lifted. Decisions!

JSSHAH

Aug 7, 2020
My husband is PR card holder and at present he is in canada,I want to apply for visitor visa under family reunification (my spousal pr application is in process and just got a temporary file number) any one had applied for this? And is it advisable to apply for visitor visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband is PR card holder and at present he is in canada,I want to apply for visitor visa under family reunification (my spousal pr application is in process and just got a temporary file number) any one had applied for this? And is it advisable to apply for visitor visa?
You can attempt to get a a TRV but it tends to be difficult to get approved. No negative impacts of trying.

Reactions: JSSHAH

Jomis

Feb 28, 2020
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
My application was approved. Applied July 24 and received an email on August 20 to submit my passport and now I am here in Canada,Sept.4.
Thats great, I am from India, my husband is a Canadian, we got married in Jan 2020 and applied for a visitor visa, got rejected. We have applied for my PR ( outland application) in July, still not got file no or no updates on receipt of documents (we mailed it, as per courier track file reached office in July.) Did you apply with file no?

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
No file no.

I submitted all the required documents from me nd my Canadian husband and I uploaded even more rdocuments like letter of support from my In-laws and our friends ( both sides),etc.

I hope all applicants will get approval.

muchmuch

Sep 27, 2020
My application was approved. Applied July 24 and received an email on August 20 to submit my passport and now I am here in Canada, Sept 4.
is this the visit visa for the spouse? I read they are accepting visit visa applications for spouses ( / immediate family member) in travel restrictions as well. Was hoping to hear someone who has had the experience of applying for it. More importantly, need to get an idea for processing times for this spouse TRV.

JSSHAH

Aug 7, 2020
is this the visit visa for the spouse? I read they are accepting visit visa applications for spouses ( / immediate family member) in travel restrictions as well. Was hoping to hear someone who has had the experience of applying for it. More importantly, need to get an idea for processing times for this spouse TRV.
In india VFS offices remain will closed for another one month ,so if we apply for TRV we can't give biometrics

• Sad
Reactions: muchmuch