+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for spouse of a US-H1B/Canadian PR

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Hey everyone,

Apologies, this is bit long post, but I’d really appreciate y’all’s help.

I am a Canadian PR living in the US on H1B visa. I plan on moving to Canada by January. I recently got married and my wife is in India. I know the process for a spousal PR will take some time. So we were thinking to apply for her visitor visa before applying her PR.

The issue is I’ve seen on a number of forums saying to not apply for Canada visitor visa as it can get rejected because she doesnt have any other country’s visa and havent traveled to a different country in last 5 yrs.

Based on my H1, she has an appointment for her US H4 visa next week which I dont see any issue on her getting it. But as I will be moving to Canada in January, we dont think it’s wise to come to the US for 3 months. I have also read on forums that if you have US visa, the chances of getting a Canadian visitor visa are high. But the way I think is having a US visa is one thing and having it used to travel to tHe US is another.

So my hypothetical question is does anyone know if just having a US visa sticker and not actually being it used makes the case stronger? We were also thinking of sending my PR details with her visitor visa application to make the case stronger.