+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for spouse from India - Chances ?

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hello all,
Just wanted to get some insight on the chances of getting a visitor visa approved for my spouse from India.
I am Permanent Resident in Canada and in a process to apply for my wife's sponsorship application for resident visa.
After that is done, I would also like to apply for visitor visa (taking a chance).

What are the chances of her getting a tourist visa? I am currently working as a Maintenance Manager in a plant and my wife is currently not employed. She was employed until June this year as a Software Developer.

Please if somebody could share their experiences ,would be appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to all !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Chances are low. However your wife can certainly try.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC knows your spouse has plans on remaining in Canada long term so it will be difficult to convince them your wife is just a temporary visitor. To be approved, you want to demonstrate strong ties to the home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, etc.). You can read about experience in the Visitors section of the forum.

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
CIC knows your spouse has plans on remaining in Canada long term so it will be difficult to convince them your wife is just a temporary visitor. To be approved, you want to demonstrate strong ties to the home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, etc.). You can read about experience in the Visitors section of the forum.
Well she's not working anymore and there is no property that she owns on her name . Any other ways of establishing these ties ? If she rejoins her previous job will that be creditful to fulfill the requirement or is there a certain time frame you have to have the job for to prove genuinity ? There's a thing called dual intent that cic recognizes , not entirely sure what it entails .

meloza

Jan 23, 2017
Hi,

My partner is from Cambodia unfortunately she just got denied a visitor visa citing reasons that the officer didn't believe the purpose of her visit and that she didn't have enough personal assets/funds etc. My partner also has $120,000 worth of land she owns but she still got denied, though I think it's mostly because of her low salary. And even though I said I would cover her travel expenses, one of the criteria to come is they have enough funds to support themselves.

Though at the same time a rejection letter still helps future spousal applications it shows that you tried.

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
S
Hi,

My partner is from Cambodia unfortunately she just got denied a visitor visa citing reasons that the officer didn't believe the purpose of her visit and that she didn't have enough personal assets/funds etc. My partner also has $120,000 worth of land she owns but she still got denied, though I think it's mostly because of her low salary. And even though I said I would cover her travel expenses, one of the criteria to come is they have enough funds to support themselves.

Though at the same time a rejection letter still helps future spousal applications it shows that you tried.
Thanks for your reply . So does that mean that my spouse would need big funds in her bank account to fulifill that condition . As it seems like in your situation having a job and owning a property (which sounds like is needed to get a tourist visa approved ) was totally disregarded , what other concrete ties could be proven?

Thanks again !

meloza

Jan 23, 2017
It would help for her to have more funds in her account to at least be enough to show she can support herself during her visit. But don't artificially inflate her account with your money, my lawyer told me that and it's not really reflective of what she has.

My partner also owns her property and it's worth $120,000 US dollars but wasn't enough to get her approved because her salary is low.