+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for spouse before initiating PR sponsorship

myself_39

Feb 14, 2018
Hi guys,

I am recently married in India. My spouse is still in India, while I am in Canada. I am yet to initiate her PR sponsorship. I would like to spend some time with her to develop some bonding with my newly married life partner. Since, my employer does not allow me to work from India, I am planning to quit the job and leave to India and planning to stay there for at least 6 months. I can not initiate her PR sponsorship if I am not within Canada or not working for a Canadian organization. So, before leaving, I would like to try for a visitor visa as well. If it is a success, then I can come back to Canada with my wife and initiate her inland PR application. Even if it is rejected, I have no choice but to come back after 6 months and initiate her outland PR application. At present, I am not sure whether to apply for visitor visa myself or through a lawyer. Usually the trend is, visitor visa applications are rejected if spouse who is a PR living in Canada.

Please guide me on this.

Thank you
Raju

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am recently married in India. My spouse is still in India, while I am in Canada. I am yet to initiate her PR sponsorship. I would like to spend some time with her to develop some bonding with my newly married life partner. Since, my employer does not allow me to work from India, I am planning to quit the job and leave to India and planning to stay there for at least 6 months. I can not initiate her PR sponsorship if I am not within Canada or not working for a Canadian organization. So, before leaving, I would like to try for a visitor visa as well. If it is a success, then I can come back to Canada with my wife and initiate her inland PR application. Even if it is rejected, I have no choice but to come back after 6 months and initiate her outland PR application. At present, I am not sure whether to apply for visitor visa myself or through a lawyer. Usually the trend is, visitor visa applications are rejected if spouse who is a PR living in Canada.

Please guide me on this.

Thank you
Raju
As a first step of getting your wife's visitor visa, you or someone in Canada need to give her an invitation to come here for family reunion purpose, tourism etc.