+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse and children - Without Representative

sivakumar123

Aug 26, 2022
Hi All,

I'm initiating visitor visa for my Spouse and children using the new CIC portal.
I created a new profile and added them as applicants.
Under the 'Representative' section, for my Spouse, we selected 'No' (meaning she is fulfilling it by herself).
For kids (who are under 4) what needs to be selected under 'Are you applying on behalf of someone else'?

sivakumar123

Aug 26, 2022
Couldn't find a straight forward answer in this forum. So went ahead and selected 'No' for the kids as well. And the Visa has been approved.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Siva - firstly congrats for getting the TRV approved for your Spouse and kids.
Are you a Citizen, PR or WP holder?

Curious because in many cases discussed on this site, spouse's TRV gets rejected 99% of the time.

sivakumar123

Aug 26, 2022
Hi Siva - firstly congrats for getting the TRV approved for your Spouse and kids.
Are you a Citizen, PR or WP holder?

Curious because in many cases discussed on this site, spouse's TRV gets rejected 99% of the time.
Thank you. I'm a WP holder. I applied for them through the new CIC portal. All the process were very quick to my surprise.

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
It all depends you can not assume what will be the decision.
I have a visitor visa. I applied for my wife and 2 kids last month and their visas also got approved within 14 working days.

Best of luck to all who are waiting for the decisions

Reactions: sivakumar123

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Couldn't find a straight forward answer in this forum. So went ahead and selected 'No' for the kids as well. And the Visa has been approved.
Congratulations…
*** just to answer your query may be it will be helpful for others
you can write YES and a parent can be a representative for kids.

And you wrote NO still got approved

So anything is acceptable unless your case is strong

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thank you. I'm a WP holder. I applied for them through the new CIC portal. All the process were very quick to my surprise.
Firstly, thanks for responding back.

While having Work Permit and Student Visa - i guess its easier to bring Spouses on TRV, compared to someone who is on PR or a Citizen.

On a Work Permit, either spouses have not established permanent ties in Canada. Both of them will return back.
Perhaps that's why CIC, approves Spouse TRV applications of WP/SP holders.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Firstly, thanks for responding back.

While having Work Permit and Student Visa - i guess its easier to bring Spouses on TRV, compared to someone who is on PR or a Citizen.

On a Work Permit, either spouses have not established permanent ties in Canada. Both of them will return back.
Perhaps that's why CIC, approves Spouse TRV applications of WP/SP holders.
Actually still can still be quite hard. It is dependent on circumstances. TRVs can also be denied because an OWP is usually the proper visa/permit to apply for unless the family is truly visiting and will return home.

farooq555

Dec 30, 2022
Hey congrats on the approval, I am planning to apply the visitor visa to my spouse and 1 year old kid, I will be showing the proof of funds for my spouse and 1 yr kid, do I also need to show the proof of funds, if so can I show the funds from Indian account.
Also for visitor visa do they need to provide the medicals?

Btw I am on Closed WP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey congrats on the approval, I am planning to apply the visitor visa to my spouse and 1 year old kid, I will be showing the proof of funds for my spouse and 1 yr kid, do I also need to show the proof of funds, if so can I show the funds from Indian account.
Also for visitor visa do they need to provide the medicals?

Btw I am on Closed WP
What is your status in Canada? If not a PR or citizen when does your permit expire? Do you work in NOC 0, AOR B?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will expire in 2024, work permit, noc 2173
You should really be applying for an OWP for your sspouse even if they don’t plan on working because they aren’t visitors. You can apply for a TRV for your child. When landing I would ask for the expiry date for your child’s stay to match the end of your WP. Yes you should show that you have the funds to support your family if they come to Canada and that you are employed but there is no set amount.