+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse and Baby

Oct 29, 2020
Hello all this is my first time posting here I just want to ask some questions.

I am a permanent resident of Canada currently living abroad with my wife and baby. I cannot process an outland sponsorship since I myself not a canadian citizen so I went with a visitor visa for them then inland sponsorship. So my question is should include in our application that we will be processing an inland sponsorship once we get in Canada. I hope someone would help me here thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I am a permanent resident of Canada currently living abroad with my wife and baby. I cannot process an outland sponsorship since I myself not a canadian citizen so I went with a visitor visa for them then inland sponsorship. So my question is should include in our application that we will be processing an inland sponsorship once we get in Canada. I hope someone would help me here thanks
I would not recommend it. This will make it clear that your wife and baby aren't really visitors but are planning on using the TRV to permanently relocate to Canada. I would recommend you include whatever evidence you can to show your wife's ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property, assets).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you compliant with your RO? You need to be compliant to sponsor your family. Getting a TRV for a spouse is quite difficult so I would have a plan B.

Oct 29, 2020
I would not recommend it. This will make it clear that your wife and baby aren't really visitors but are planning on using the TRV to permanently relocate to Canada. I would recommend you include whatever evidence you can to show your wife's ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property, assets).
So I just show them some ties or proofs that my wife and kid has something to go back to? And if they ever get approve for a visit.Can we still continue doing inland sponsorship once we land in Canada? I am aware that my wife cannot work due to having a visitor visa.

Oct 29, 2020
Are you compliant with your RO? You need to be compliant to sponsor your family. Getting a TRV for a spouse is quite difficult so I would have a plan B.
Getting a visitor visa for my wife and kid is only my plan sad to say without being apart from each other. It could be a stress to our marriage especially now that we have a baby so I can't think of any plans except that. I just don't know how to proceed with their visitor visa application since I have little knowledge on this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I just show them some ties or proofs that my wife and kid has something to go back to? And if they ever get approve for a visit.Can we still continue doing inland sponsorship once we land in Canada? I am aware that my wife cannot work due to having a visitor visa.
Yes your wife will need to show that she has strong ties to her home country like longterm well paying job, property in her name, dependent family members, proof of international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. If they get approved you can apply for inland sponsorship when you enter Canada. If you apply for inland sponsorship you can apply for an OWP for your spouse as well. They may not have access to healthcare until they get PR. It will be dependent on the province.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Getting a visitor visa for my wife and kid is only my plan sad to say without being apart from each other. It could be a stress to our marriage especially now that we have a baby so I can't think of any plans except that. I just don't know how to proceed with their visitor visa application since I have little knowledge on this.
Unfortunately there is a decent chance they will get denied. As a PR you knew that it was likely that you would be separated from your spouse during the sponsorship process. The fact that you also have a child makes the separation harder. Just read the instructions or hire a consultant to apply for a TRV. Just verifying that you are compliant with the 2 out of 5 year residency requirement.

Oct 29, 2020
Yes your wife will need to show that she has strong ties to her home country like longterm well paying job, property in her name, dependent family members, proof of international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. If they get approved you can apply for inland sponsorship when you enter Canada. If you apply for inland sponsorship you can apply for an OWP for your spouse as well. They may not have access to healthcare until they get PR. It will be dependent on the province.
thank you for taking your time to respond to my questions its just im kinda nervous with this. and one more thing on our application it indicates that we needed to provide a

Proof of Financial Resource of supporter(I guess that would be my bank statements, job letters etc.)

Proof of Means of financial support(I have no idea what to put here since my wife and kid is dependent so all of their expenses will be on me)

EDIT: I guess thats where we need to put the house title since that is the only thing we can provide and its not under her name, its her mother which died recently and her father just last year so im stuck here. For business we just started a small cash paying business(clothing line to be exact) im not sure if that is counted

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you for taking your time to respond to my questions its just im kinda nervous with this. and one more thing on our application it indicates that we needed to provide a

Proof of Financial Resource of supporter(I guess that would be my bank statements, job letters etc.)

Proof of Means of financial support(I have no idea what to put here since my wife and kid is dependent so all of their expenses will be on me)
Them being entirely dependent on you is honestly not a great thing. Is your wife employed? Does she have her own savings? If they are so dependent on you they are unlikely to return back to their home country alone. All you can is try to submit as much proof as possible that your wife and child don’t intend to remain in Canada.

Oct 29, 2020
Them being entirely dependent on you is honestly not a great thing. Is your wife employed? Does she have her own savings? If they are so dependent on you they are unlikely to return back to their home country alone. All you can is try to submit as much proof as possible that your wife and child don’t intend to remain in Canada.
yes i just hope they consider our proofs that they will not remain in Canada as their visa expired. Thank you so much I appreciate your help.

Nchoudhary

Jul 23, 2019

Hey, how did you sign the family form while filling up the application for visitor visa for your baby? Did you sign the form as you ? Am confused because each application is for the applicant but in case of a baby , they cannot sign ..