+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for sister

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thnk u for ur reply.
Can u please tell me if its ok to apply for sister's visitor visa after my parents get their visa. My sister is 21 years old nd studying bcom.
you can certainly try. It may be very difficult to secure a visa for your sister given that she doesn’t have strong ties to her home country.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Will it not be difficult if i apply for my parents and my sister together. There will be no family ties back in my country.
What is better to apy for: only parents or parents and sister??
Applying for parents and sister together is a sure rejection.. Suggest to apply for either one of them first . Parents are the most likely to get it as they have a strong reason to return as your sister is still back home.. If you intend to apply for your sister, then make sure the invitation/explanation letters are extremely strong and provide as much supporting documents as possible (E.g. plan the trip during annual/semester break, provide schedule of upcoming examinations etc.)

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
Thnk u for ur replies.
Can u plz tell me what r d main points to consider while applying for parent's visitor visa ?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Any suggestions?
Basic requirements
What are the requirements you must meet for a TRV?
You must show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay.
You must also:
  • satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
  • be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html