+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Sibling Sister

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl /@canuck78,

Seeking assistance here- would really appreciate the response from both of you.(Thinking of filing it on my own)

Profile details -- I am working on WP here, and haven't met my family since last 5 years. I want to invite my mother(working in paramilitary forces) and elder Sibling(Age 29 working in IT Sector total exp around 7years)[Also,My sister has entered into the EE Pool thrice, since 2021(old profiles expired)& has new profile Created on Dec 23-No ITA Yet) and both working in different states in my home country. Have few confusions in my mind if you please shed some light -

1) Should I invite them together as a group Or should file their applications separately at same time/ with a gap of month or two? What would higher the chances of their approval? Kindly give the best suggestions that can help in my case.

2) Getting a NOC from their employers wouldn't be an issue but should we just write any random leave dates on the letter (say something of June/July if applying this month) Or would you advice some other dates if applying in May??

3) Quite concerned about the strong home ties- 3.1) my mother has some property on her name,No Gold, have liquid funds to show but we don't have any personal dependency as we are family of three(father passed away long back) & Sister works from home mostly in a month. So what could help her to strengthen her home ties?

3.2) My sister is single, again she has been living in diff state due to her work and does work from home most of the days(diff state). She has NO Property, NO Gold, has liquid funds to show and Life insurance policy as an investment. So what could be showcase as family ties to strong the chances of approval?

4) If applying as a family group, Can I utilize anyone's email as the main to contact??Sister's email for the communication?

5) As mentioned she is still in EE Pool, should we remove her profile from the Pool to inc the approval chances or Should leave the profile as it is keeping dual intent for canada is fine? And do we need to mention it anywhere in the VV application?

6) Any tips- what points I should take care of while applying the application to increase the chances of approval?

Please please help!! Thanks for being so kind and helping everybody out here.!!

THANKS much for reading out my questions :)
1. Separate. Sister is not a dependant and under 22. Doesn’t matter if filed at same time as they are not dependant on one another. Each person shows own funds, travel history and reasons to return. Funds should show that they can each afford to visit Canada.
2. Employment letters can state the approved leave with number of weeks of leave.
3. Ties to return are job letter with approved leave, business, income property. Family ties are spouse and children under 22.
3.2 She doesn’t have ties. You have ties or you don’t.
4. Not a group. Each separate and you can act as representative.
5. EE profile is not tied to TRV.
6. They need to show funds to support their visit (so cash in the bank). They don’t seem to have strong ties to return so keep visit short 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: IamaDreamernt@69

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
1. Separate. Sister is not a dependant and under 22. Doesn’t matter if filed at same time as they are not dependant on one another. Each person shows own funds, travel history and reasons to return. Funds should show that they can each afford to visit Canada. ■ So if we are applying it on same time, can we mention them in each other's file(in the SOP- as dependents for home ties) saying they need to come back for each other OR does it get tracked too bcoz I'm the inviter? And Can we utilize the same invitation letter(stating wants to invite my mother and sister for reunion) OR separate letter is required? And, is it mandatory to notarize the letters from lawyers??

2. Employment letters can state the approved leave with number of weeks of leave. ■ Great, will add that.Thankyou!

3. Ties to return are job letter with approved leave, business, income property. Family ties are spouse and children under 22. ■ Sure,so NOC from mother's dept, bank statements,pay slips and ITR details would be enough (Property doc not sure as that would need translation too, not sure if CA report would help for the property thing) ?
3.2 She doesn’t have ties. You have ties or you don’t.- ■Yep, I'm single too. So what should we take care of here??

4. Not a group. Each separate and you can act as representative. -■ Sure, can look for the representative form.. so being a representative - does that increase any chances in the application??

5. EE profile is not tied to TRV. ■ Okay,Thankyou.. so no need to mention it anywhere right

6. They need to show funds to support their visit (so cash in the bank). They don’t seem to have strong ties to return so keep visit short 2-3 weeks. ■ Sure,will keep that in mind. And can we just showcase saving bank account for the regular transactions (and what minimum dollars do you advice for each of them) ?
Thankyou so much @Naturgrl for your response !! Really appreciate it have few follow ups if you can assist in there too.

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Your parents are not ties and if rental properties are not in her name than not ties either. So she needs to include employment letter with approved leave, any properties in her name and any investments. Your nince should should include school registration, letter from school and paid tuition. Their own unds should support a visit for the two of them so they need to show funds to buy airfare, support their visit and not deplete their funds.

Include documents that mother has full custody too.

My sister in law got visa she is widowed but I applied only for her first and then kids later.