+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Sibling in Pandemic restrictions

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hello

I have been wanting to invite my brother for a visit but have been delaying to apply fearing that this may get rejected on account of travel restrictions.

Would Visit Visa application be denied on account of travel restrictions. This will be for 1 year birthday celebrations of my daughter (his niece)

I will appreciate if Champion Members can advise and if any of you have had any recent applications applied/rejected/approved.

Thank you kindly :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure what advice you are looking for but your brother needs to show strong ties to home (job, property etc.) and funds to afford his visit. Given Covid, he also needs written authorization to travel and show essential reasons. A birthday party is not essential.

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Not sure what advice you are looking for but your brother needs to show strong ties to home (job, property etc.) and funds to afford his visit. Given Covid, he also needs written authorization to travel and show essential reasons. A birthday party is not essential.
Thank you for the reply. My question is whether the present COVID situation will affect grant of Visa in the first place. Travelling will obviously happen if the restrictions are lifted

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
No, visas are still being processed despite COVID.
So in light of this go ahead and apply for the Visa. My concern really borders around the fact that since I shall be applying for invitation on first birthday (WHich is not a valid ground for travelling right now) the visa itself may be rejected

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So in light of this go ahead and apply for the Visa. My concern really borders around the fact that since I shall be applying for invitation on first birthday (WHich is not a valid ground for travelling right now) the visa itself may be rejected
He can wait to apply when travel restrictions are lifted. But yes, a birthday is not essential travel for your invitation letter. Has he had past refusals. He doesn’t want to have a record of refusals for visas.

Reactions: mohan99

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
He can wait to apply when travel restrictions are lifted. But yes, a birthday is not essential travel for your invitation letter. Has he had past refusals. He doesn’t want to have a record of refusals for visas.
He had had travel history in South Asian Countries for leisure. But yes there is an America Refusal on docs.

Just to rephrase.. You suggested that although Visa can be applied,, but do not apply till travel restrictions are lifted.

My baby's first birthday would have been a great reason for Visa Invite (not qualified travel reason because of COVID though)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He had had travel history in South Asian Countries for leisure. But yes there is an America Refusal on docs.

Just to rephrase.. You suggested that although Visa can be applied,, but do not apply till travel restrictions are lifted.

My baby's first birthday would have been a great reason for Visa Invite (not qualified travel reason because of COVID though)
Because of long processing times, he can go ahead with the application. He will have to mention US refusals.