+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor VISA for pregnant wife before applying for PR, Please ADVISE!

Amir1919

Mar 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been reading a bit around this forum and found it very useful and informative and I would like to thank everyone who's contributing to it!

I would like to ask from anyone on this forum who would have any insight or experiences in visitor visa and PR applications any advice of help regarding my situation, it would be very much appreciated.

I am a Canadian citizen and I have married an Indonesian citizen 8 months ago. We have been since then living in the Greater Jakarta area. My wife resigned from her work just couple of weeks before our marriage as our family plan is to work on having kids. My wife is currently in her 27th week of pregnancy. As the situation for work is scarce here and I am not legally able to have a formal job in here and since I have almost finished my savings, we decided to move to Canada so I could work to provide and for her to give birth there and be under the care of my mother in last weeks of pregnncy (the doctor issued a letter stating that it is safe for her to travel). So we have already been refused for a visitor visa on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

In our application we didn't mentioned her pregnancy yet. We mentioned that the travel will be an opportunity for my wife to meet my family in person and spend some family time. My wife doesn't have strong family ties in Indonesia apart from few family members and few friend and a motorbike registered on her name. As for previous travel she only had two short international travel (KSA and Malaysia, average of one week travel each). As the wages are pretty low in Indonesia compare to Canada she doesn't have any significant amount of savings and mine are pretty low too. We could get a signed statement from my mother and her dad attesting that they would financially support her if needed in addition of myself providing.

Of course we are planning to apply for an outland PR as it seems to be advised on the forum (right for appeal and faster processing), but I would like to try again to apply for a visitor visa as my wife won't have someone to properly assist and take care of her during her last week of pregnancy in Indonesia if I have to go back to Canada to work to provide for the family.

Please note that our soon to be child will be a Canadian citizen despite being born in Jakarta, Indonesia, so giving birth in Canada is not the main objective which is being able to take care of my wife during the remaining of her pregnancy and have them around at least for a short while and being able to seek sustenance as here it relatively impossible in Indonesia for me.

So I would like to know is it possible to reapply for a visitor visa mentioning plainly as describded above our situation (no money having to go back to work, wife pregnant, not much support for pregnancy here, and to be with the family) and she doesn't have the intention to overstay as we are planning to apply for the PR and don't want jeopardize it by overstaying (overstaying won't benefit my wife in anything as her husband is canadian and soon to be born child will be too so no reasons at all to do that)?

What would be the best way to reapply for visitor visa in our situation? From your experiences is there any possibilities for it to be accepted?

Please kindly advise!

Thank you in advance for your consideration

ps: sorry for the lengh of the post and thank you for taking time to read it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I have been reading a bit around this forum and found it very useful and informative and I would like to thank everyone who's contributing to it!

I would like to ask from anyone on this forum who would have any insight or experiences in visitor visa and PR applications any advice of help regarding my situation, it would be very much appreciated.

I am a Canadian citizen and I have married an Indonesian citizen 8 months ago. We have been since then living in the Greater Jakarta area. My wife resigned from her work just couple of weeks before our marriage as our family plan is to work on having kids. My wife is currently in her 27th week of pregnancy. As the situation for work is scarce here and I am not legally able to have a formal job in here and since I have almost finished my savings, we decided to move to Canada so I could work to provide and for her to give birth there and be under the care of my mother in last weeks of pregnncy (the doctor issued a letter stating that it is safe for her to travel). So we have already been refused for a visitor visa on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

In our application we didn't mentioned her pregnancy yet. We mentioned that the travel will be an opportunity for my wife to meet my family in person and spend some family time. My wife doesn't have strong family ties in Indonesia apart from few family members and few friend and a motorbike registered on her name. As for previous travel she only had two short international travel (KSA and Malaysia, average of one week travel each). As the wages are pretty low in Indonesia compare to Canada she doesn't have any significant amount of savings and mine are pretty low too. We could get a signed statement from my mother and her dad attesting that they would financially support her if needed in addition of myself providing.

Of course we are planning to apply for an outland PR as it seems to be advised on the forum (right for appeal and faster processing), but I would like to try again to apply for a visitor visa as my wife won't have someone to properly assist and take care of her during her last week of pregnancy in Indonesia if I have to go back to Canada to work to provide for the family.

Please note that our soon to be child will be a Canadian citizen despite being born in Jakarta, Indonesia, so giving birth in Canada is not the main objective which is being able to take care of my wife during the remaining of her pregnancy and have them around at least for a short while and being able to seek sustenance as here it relatively impossible in Indonesia for me.

So I would like to know is it possible to reapply for a visitor visa mentioning plainly as describded above our situation (no money having to go back to work, wife pregnant, not much support for pregnancy here, and to be with the family) and she doesn't have the intention to overstay as we are planning to apply for the PR and don't want jeopardize it by overstaying (overstaying won't benefit my wife in anything as her husband is canadian and soon to be born child will be too so no reasons at all to do that)?

What would be the best way to reapply for visitor visa in our situation? From your experiences is there any possibilities for it to be accepted?

Please kindly advise!

Thank you in advance for your consideration

ps: sorry for the lengh of the post and thank you for taking time to read it
She has a Canadian spouse, no money, no travel history, no job, no actual ties to her country, no real economic opportunity in her country, etc. Honestly, she has pretty much no chance of approval, especially if you mention the pregnancy. She is a very high risk to overstay.

I suggest you get the sponsorship app in ASAP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that she likely doesn’t qualify for healthcare in Canada. Do you have 10-20k to pay for medical care and labour/delivery? Agree there is zero chance of approval. You should have considered your finances and the need for sponsorship before starting a family.

Amir1919

Mar 5, 2020
I really appreciate you taking time to read my post and give me your feedbacks!

Thank you for you advice. We are actually planning to apply as soon as all the documents will be gathered.

What do you think about applying from here and stay in Indonesia during the process?

My wife and I are very shy and reserved and we don't want to provide personal messages to the immigration plus we don't keep them we erase them after awhile would it be problematic? As for pictures we don't have any of them for personal and religious beliefs could we prove the authenticity of our relationship without them as we have a baby on the way?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you for you advice. We are actually planning to apply as soon as all the documents will be gathered.

What do you think about applying from here and stay in Indonesia during the process?

My wife and I are very shy and reserved and we don't want to provide personal messages to the immigration plus we don't keep them we erase them after awhile would it be problematic? As for pictures we don't have any of them for personal and religious beliefs could we prove the authenticity of our relationship without them as we have a baby on the way?

Thanks
Yes you can remain in Indonesia during the application. You will need to prove that you intend to move back to Canada and that you can support yourselves without government help. A baby is not enough to prove that you are in a relationship. You will need some more proof.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi there, please accept this as a generalized commentary upon all applications for any immigration process.

As a matter of course, Immigration authorities will expect you to conform to their requirements. You're too shy? That's too bad. You don't believe in one thing or another - also, that's too bad.

You will need to convince them that you are eligible to sponsor and that the relationship is genuine. If you don't do that then the application is refused and they turn to the other thousands of applications awaiting the same scrutiny. Questions about fairness, special accommodations or personal belief reservations.., those can be made years from now in the appeal process.

You and your Canadian citizen child will enjoy all of the rights of a Canadian citizen, but without you satisfying the immigration demands, it will be just you and your child who can access Canada to enjoy those rights. That's just how it is with immigration applications.

Good luck, and be practical with your expectations.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks
You can apply from Indonesia.

There is no privacy in a sponsorship app. You need to share personal information. If you have no pictures, especially of your wedding, you will be facing an uphill battle. Your wife could expect an interview, during which they can ask her the most personal questions about pretty much anything from sex to toothbrush colour.

Amir1919

Mar 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your help and honest advice...I get the picture... I will then refrain from applying for the visitor's visa and PR...

I appreciate all of your answers and the time you took for replying to my post.

RECH

Feb 3, 2020
Hi all..
I'm applying as a single applicant and later planning to sponsor my spouse. My doubt is Can I take him on a visitor visa while sponsorship application is in progress? Will they allow that?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi all..
I'm applying as a single applicant and later planning to sponsor my spouse. My doubt is Can I take him on a visitor visa while sponsorship application is in progress? Will they allow that?
If you are already married and plan to apply as single, that’s fraud. You will jeopardize your own status and it will be impossible to include your spouse later. You need to include them as your non accompanying spouse.

RECH

Feb 3, 2020
If you are already married and plan to apply as single, that’s fraud. You will jeopardize your own status and it will be impossible to include your spouse later. You need to include them as your non accompanying spouse.
Oh yes..I have included him as non accompanying spouse...I want to know the possibility of taking him in visitors visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh yes..I have included him as non accompanying spouse...I want to know the possibility of taking him in visitors visa
There is a high chance the visitor visa will be refused.

Note that you must be living in Canada in order to sponsor him. So if the visitor visa is refused, you will have to spend most of a year living apart.