+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for people with rheumatoid arthritis

rozette

Oct 14, 2019
Hi I'm from Philippines, and i want to know the chance of my visitor visa to get approved.. i have rheumatoid arthritis.. for 4 years now.. is it a hindrance or it is a factor for me getting rejected? thank you for answering..

rozette

Oct 14, 2019
For a visitors visa, it shouldn't be an issue. There isn't generally a medical.
thank you.. i dont wanna hide my illness thats why i want to disclose it to the immigration.. and to prove that i have to come back here cause my company is paying for my medicines..

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
thank you.. i dont wanna hide my illness thats why i want to disclose it to the immigration.. and to prove that i have to come back here cause my company is paying for my medicines..
Why as a visitor would you feel the need to disclose it given it is not after all a communicable disease. You should in any case always as a visitor have travel insurance and should declare to an insurance company but immigration will not be interested as a visitor.

rozette

Oct 14, 2019
Why as a visitor would you feel the need to disclose it given it is not after all a communicable disease. You should in any case always as a visitor have travel insurance and should declare to an insurance company but immigration will not be interested as a visitor.
Frankly speaking, us filipinos are having a hard time to apply for tourist visa.. i have few stanps on my passport but non visa countries only, i wanted to prove them that ill come back here. And my intentions are true..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Of course you need to disclose illnesses. It factors into approvals/denials. Approval will be impacted if Canada thinks that you may try to access healthcare in Canada because it is difficult to access care and medications in your home country .

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Of course you need to disclose illnesses. It factors into approvals/denials. Approval will be impacted if Canada thinks that you may try to access healthcare in Canada because it is difficult to access care and medications in your home country .
It's not something that's asked for in a TRV application, is it?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Frankly speaking, us filipinos are having a hard time to apply for tourist visa.. i have few stanps on my passport but non visa countries only, i wanted to prove them that ill come back here. And my intentions are true..
Yes if you can prove that you have good healthcare at home tied to your job then that does strengthen your case.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
On reflection agree with Canuck78 that with question below is one of those if in doubt declare it even if you have medication to manage your condition

Check the box to indicate if:

1. you or any of your family members have ever had tuberculosis of the lungs or been in close contact with a person with tuberculosis within the past two years.
  2. you have any physical or mental disorder that would require social and/or health services other than medication during your stay in Canada.
  3. If you checked “Yes” to any of the above questions, provide details and the name of the family member, if applicable.

Reactions: k.h.p.