+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for Parents

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dears,

I am applying for visitor visa for my parents who are in India.
While creating an account in cic...do I give my parent's name for that since it is they who are applying for it?

Secondly I am planning to extend their visa in future ( if we get one now) . So in the application do I mention " time of stay" as less than 6 months or more than 6 months?

Thanks in advance!
Ashy

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dears,

I am applying for visitor visa for my parents who are in India.
While creating an account in cic...do I give my parent's name for that since it is they who are applying for it?

Secondly I am planning to extend their visa in future ( if we get one now) . So in the application do I mention " time of stay" as less than 6 months or more than 6 months?

Thanks in advance!
Ashy
1) If not, you can try to see what happens next.
2) Don't volunteer about your plan of them extending their stay beyond the intended stay. You don't want the visa officer to think your parents would not return to home country at the end of their intedned stay. Most people mentioned in their intended stay in their application is about 3 weeks.

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Thanks very much for your reply.

I understood your 2nd point. It makes sense. Please could you guide me agakn on 1st point?
Should the cic account be done using parent's name? One in my dad's name and another account for my mother?

Thanks
Ashy

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dears,

I have been thinking of choosing " less than 6 months" option under duration of stay in visa application for my parents. But will this affect in any way if we plan to extend their stay here in future?

Thanks!
Ashy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dears,

I have been thinking of choosing " less than 6 months" option under duration of stay in visa application for my parents. But will this affect in any way if we plan to extend their stay here in future?

Thanks!
Ashy
No. They need to show funds up to six months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dears,

Thanks!
Ashy
No

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello All,
I am soon planning to put my parents' Visitor Visa and would like to know whether the list of documents I am writing here is sufficient or not.

1. Parents Passport
2. Their Marriage Certificate
3. Proof of Vaccination with QR
4. Planned Itinerary
5. Account Statements, FDs, Valuation, or CA Report
6. Purpose of Visit

From my side:
1. My Birth Certificate
2. My PR cards
3. My Passport
4. My Proof of Funds
5. Letter of Invitation