+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents while on Implied Status

dj!n

Nov 22, 2021
Hi All,

I am currently on a closed work permit in Canada. My current work permit is expiring next month, and my company has applied for my Work permit extension mid of July. I am planning to apply tourist visa for my parents to visit me. I will be responsible for their expenses while they are in Canada. I will be in implied status next month.
  • Can I apply for my parent's tourist visa while on implied status, or should I wait for my extension to get processed?
  • Since I will be responsible for my parent's expenses, Will being on implied status cause any problems with the tourist visa application?

Applying Country: India

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently on a closed work permit in Canada. My current work permit is expiring next month, and my company has applied for my Work permit extension mid of July. I am planning to apply tourist visa for my parents to visit me. I will be responsible for their expenses while they are in Canada. I will be in implied status next month.
  • Can I apply for my parent's tourist visa while on implied status, or should I wait for my extension to get processed?
  • Since I will be responsible for my parent's expenses, Will being on implied status cause any problems with the tourist visa application?

Applying Country: India

Thanks
For a TRV your parents must show that they can pay all their travel expenses. You can try and say that you will cover their expenses but your parents need to show that they have the savings and the assets first. You can included you finances as something secondary.

Reactions: dj!n

dj!n

Nov 22, 2021
For a TRV your parents must show that they can pay all their travel expenses. You can try and say that you will cover their expenses but your parents need to show that they have the savings and the assets first. You can included you finances as something secondary.
Ok got it. I will submit their assets and finances and add my Canadian bank statements and pay check as secondary source of finances to cover the expenses.