+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents Rejected Twice

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for the visitor visa of my parents twice (once on my own) and second time using an agent in India. The application was refused both times with similar rejection reasons.
The generic reason provided was :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).However, my father has a job, has decent bank balance and owns property in India.

What should I do? I am uncertain how to apply again, what proof do I submit? My father is over 60 yro and mother too, however, my dad is working as a consultant and my mother is a home-maker (she has decent bank balance as well).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the visitor visa of my parents twice (once on my own) and second time using an agent in India. The application was refused both times with similar rejection reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).However, my father has a job, has decent bank balance and owns property in India.

What should I do? I am uncertain how to apply again, what proof do I submit? My father is over 60 yro and mother too, however, my dad is working as a consultant and my mother is a home-maker (she has decent bank balance as well).
How much did they show in funds (Cash in bank)? Property is not funds.How long was visit? What is your status in Canada?

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
How much did they show in funds (Cash in bank)? Property is not funds.How long was visit? What is your status in Canada?
We showed around 40,000 CAD equivalent in my dad's bank account and around 15,000 CAD equivalent money in my mother's bank account.
The tentative visit was for a month (however we didn't attach flight tickets because we didn't get it in order to avoid canceling tickets and losing money there was well in addition to the application fee). I am a permanent resident in Canada and make a decent amount of money (full-time in IT). I had submitted my bank statement as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We showed around 40,000 CAD equivalent in my dad's bank account and around 15,000 CAD equivalent money in my mother's bank account.
The tentative visit was for a month (however we didn't attach flight tickets because we didn't get it in order to avoid canceling tickets and losing money there was well in addition to the application fee). I am a permanent resident in Canada and make a decent amount of money (full-time in IT). I had submitted my bank statement as well.
So that is all in cash? If so that is a decent amount. Do you meet LICO for a supervisa and then you show your funds.

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
So that is all in cash? If so that is a decent amount. Do you meet LICO for a supervisa and then you show your funds.
Yes that is all in Cash! I didnt apply for a supervisa, I applied for a visitor visa. I do meet the LICO requirement.
I am very surprised that it got rejected twice, since the funds in cash was sufficient, I have a stable job as well, my dad has a full-time job as well.

I am confused how to proceed. I had attached my bank statement just as additional proof that there was sufficient fund overall.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Anyone with any suggestions?
Did you order GMCS note to see the actual reason of both applications? The second application may not have addressed the issue. (the general reply in the refusal usually isn't detail enough to improve the next application)

Another option is to apply for super visa since you meet LICO.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Anyone with any suggestions?
Ideally a visitor visa for a short stay or less than 6 months ideally. Since you have PR status & you meet LICO, Super Visa makes more sense

Standard way of showing Finances for Parents visit would be 6 months statement and any income shown if working or through property rental or dividends etc. Additionally a CA report and Bank Balance Certificate generally makes for the standard list.

Good Luck

Reactions: immigrant_kane

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Did they apply right after you received PR? The fact that your father is a consultant doesn’t create great ties for him unless he has firm job commitments and commitments that require him to be in India. Do you have any siblings and where do they live? Have they ever applied to work, study or immigrate abroad? Do your parents own property and did you include that proof?