+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for parents - proof of funds

app2019sept

Nov 3, 2020
Hi ,
I am applying for visitor visa for parents for 3 months.

I will be supporting the financials entirely and would present invitation letter etc . There is nothing much I could show from my parent's end, so I think I would need to make sure my proof of funds is strong.

- For my proof of funds - can I show my investments like TFSA , RRSP , FHSA ? I wish they would accept it to avoid selling them :)
- How much money do I typically need to show ? 30K to 40K would that be enough.

Thank you for the support.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,
I am applying for visitor visa for parents for 3 months.

I will be supporting the financials entirely and would present invitation letter etc . There is nothing much I could show from my parent's end, so I think I would need to make sure my proof of funds is strong.

- For my proof of funds - can I show my investments like TFSA , RRSP , FHSA ? I wish they would accept it to avoid selling them :)
- How much money do I typically need to show ? 30K to 40K would that be enough.

Thank you for the support.
If they don’t have funds and wanting to come for such a long visit, why not a supervisa?

They need to show their own funds too to support such a long visit as well as ties to return and travel history. You can show your funds (cash in the bank) and NOA but IRCC doesn’t have to consider your funds. TFSA/RRSP are not funds and wouldn’t sell them (taxed) just for your parents application.