+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents - main purpose ?

IevgenG

Jul 6, 2017
Good day, I have student visa and Study permit, i graduated from college and now studying in University,
when i applied for my first visas we do it in the same time with parents.

Now i have new visa till 2023 years, And parents wants to apply for visa new to be able to come to me in any time, But when they choose type of visa "To visit family and/or friends" / system asked from me invitation for them, but i cant make this invitation due to my student status

How do you think could they apply for tourist visa ?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Good day, I have student visa and Study permit, i graduated from college and now studying in University,
when i applied for my first visas we do it in the same time with parents.

Now i have new visa till 2023 years, And parents wants to apply for visa new to be able to come to me in any time, But when they choose type of visa "To visit family and/or friends" / system asked from me invitation for them, but i cant make this invitation due to my student status

How do you think could they apply for tourist visa ?
You can certainly send them an invitation letter there is no such bar on students. If you have not met them for a long time then you can cite this as a reason for their purpose of visit or they can also cite tourism as their purpose of visit.

Reactions: IevgenG

IevgenG

Jul 6, 2017
You can certainly send them an invitation letter there is no such bar on students. If you have not met them for a long time then you can cite this as a reason for their purpose of visit or they can also cite tourism as their purpose of visit.
We have met about few weeks ago but parents wants to have visa to be able to come to me in any time. Is tehre any instractions where and how can i prepeare this invitation ?

About main purpouse as tourism i like this reason more because visa will be for 10 years, but it will not be strange for consulate that parents was about 4-5 times in Canada and now ask for tourist visa ?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
IMO they should apply as tourist and in their covering letter they can mention about you and that you will be touring with them when they are in Canada. The vital thing to keep in mind is their itinerary and your academic time table doesn't clash. The fact that they have been to Canada multiple times with no history of overstay may actually work in their favor.

Reactions: IevgenG

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
We have met about few weeks ago but parents wants to have visa to be able to come to me in any time. Is tehre any instractions where and how can i prepeare this invitation ?

About main purpouse as tourism i like this reason more because visa will be for 10 years, but it will not be strange for consulate that parents was about 4-5 times in Canada and now ask for tourist visa ?
Yeah don't worry about it, as a student you can invite them to visit you. Purpose of visit would be to visit child who is studying abroad as well as sightsee in Canada while they are here.
The fact that they have come to Canada and left as per the terms of their visa (assuming) is good evidence to provide that they would do the same on future visas. You can search letter of invitations on google and see examples.

IevgenG

Jul 6, 2017
Good day, they will apply for a tourist visa, How do you think do they need to show me in this question - "name, address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit ". During their visit they will stay just in hotel