+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents Jan end & Feb 2022 applications - share your timelines and stay updated

Christyodofin

Sep 18, 2018
I have a valid Study permit but my TRV Expired outside Canada:

Applied for Visitors Visa from Nigeria:

Application Submitted: January 13th, 2022
Biometrics (Already done in 2018): Updated since the 14th of January 2022

No update since then
Update:

I got ppr on March 10th

passport stamped March 21st

Goodluck everyone!

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hello Friends,

We received PPR letter on 25th March 2022 and in process of passport submission to VFS.

I want to know if we can send the scanned copy of the completed Consent Form & Courier Return Form in the courier envelope?

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
We are having the same experience. It's been 4 weeks parents' passport is with the IRCC Delhi for stamping and absolutely no update. They have upcoming travel in the next few weeks. Does anyone have experience inquiring with the Delhi office directly? VFS chat/call/passport submission email helpline are all useless.

Online Application (new portal) for visit visa from India

Timeline:
Application Submitted - Feb 14
Biometric Validity Letter - Feb 15 ( since i hv biometric done for my prev work visa 3years back and still valid)
Original Passport Request - Feb 22
Passport Pickup - Feb 24
Passport at IRCC delhi - March 2

Its been 3 weeks and still not received the passport . No update from IRCC Delhi.

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
We are having the same experience. It's been 4 weeks parents' passport is with the IRCC Delhi for stamping and absolutely no update. They have upcoming travel in the next few weeks. Does anyone have experience inquiring with the Delhi office directly? VFS chat/call/passport submission email helpline are all useless.
wow, 4 weeks, What a slow process. From which city did you send your passport?

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
Thank you, in my case I entered the tracking id provided by VFS and it says no data found - and this happens for both my parents ids. I am really worried what's going on here. And ofcourse there is no PPR after more than a month.
VFS directed me to write to Delhi high commission, which I did. Now the High commission replied after 2 weeks saying :
Due to the Canadian Privacy Act we are unable to disclose information to unauthorized third parties. We may only send correspondence to the e-mail address provided in the application. Please ensure that the email you are sending a request from matches the email in the applications.

I am not sure what to make of this, because it is the same email id in the application, from which I wrote the mail to them. Any ideas on what can be done next?

ShahidWS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Applied via new portal for my parents visit visa on 17th Feb 2022. Got biometrics letter on 18th Feb and it was submitted on 8th Mar 2022.
I noticed that the biometrics number and date were updated the same day under the Application information section on the top right corner.
However when I scroll down, it still says 'We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.'

I've read about this earlier and I believe it is a glitch. But is there anyone else who has faced this problem? Its almost been a month now

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
Applied via new portal for my parents visit visa on 17th Feb 2022. Got biometrics letter on 18th Feb and it was submitted on 8th Mar 2022.
I noticed that the biometrics number and date were updated the same day under the Application information section on the top right corner.
However when I scroll down, it still says 'We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.'

I've read about this earlier and I believe it is a glitch. But is there anyone else who has faced this problem? Its almost been a month now
Yes, that's what it shows for me too. I applied for my parents.

Reactions: ShahidWS

malikas05

May 3, 2022
Yes, that's what it shows for me too. I applied for my parents.
Same for me. They applied on Feb 23, 2022, and submitted their biometrics on March 1. In the account, biometrics number and information are displayed for both parents but it has that misleading message for my mother's application(dad's application is fine):
We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Was anyone able to resolve this problem or it's rather something normal?

pratik peter

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015

I had similar situation. I applied for my parents VV through new portal and biometric was given on Jan 30th and was updated next day. My father's status said completed while for my mother it showed number and validity but status was not completed. I didn't raise any webform for this as this is technical glitch and as long as number and validity is shown, biometric is received by them. Surprisingly, status changed to biometric completed on May 05. Not sure if that means they started working on file.

Reactions: ShahidWS

ShahidWS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Same for me. They applied on Feb 23, 2022, and submitted their biometrics on March 1. In the account, biometrics number and information are displayed for both parents but it has that misleading message for my mother's application(dad's application is fine):

Was anyone able to resolve this problem or it's rather something normal?
I believe its normal and nothing needs to be done about it as long as the biometrics were updated correctly. However I did raise a webform a couple of weeks ago but no response yet. So just waiting patiently.

Reactions: 2cookies

ShahidWS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I had similar situation. I applied for my parents VV through new portal and biometric was given on Jan 30th and was updated next day. My father's status said completed while for my mother it showed number and validity but status was not completed. I didn't raise any webform for this as this is technical glitch and as long as number and validity is shown, biometric is received by them. Surprisingly, status changed to biometric completed on May 05. Not sure if that means they started working on file.
I guess they finally started working on the file. That's good news. Also seems to be inline with the avg processing time which is now 120 odd days if applied from India.

pratik peter

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
VV for parents and dependent Brother on New portal
Application submitted: Jan 26/2022
Biometric: Jan 30/2022
BVL and PPR: May 06/2022
Unfortunately VV for my brother was refused.

• Sad
Reactions: 2cookies

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
VV for parents and dependent Brother on New portal
Application submitted: Jan 26/2022
Biometric: Jan 30/2022
BVL and PPR: May 06/2022
Unfortunately VV for my brother was refused.
Yeah it is very rare to get visa approved for younger ones. Congrats for your parents though.
so it took around 100 days for your parents . Is that correct ?