+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents Jan 2021

Anubhav97

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Hello Everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. I am a PR

I want to ask if application for my mom and dad will get accept during this time of covid19.
Any special docs needed with the application.
Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. I am a PR

I want to ask if application for my mom and dad will get accept during this time of covid19.
Any special docs needed with the application.
Thanks.
There is never a guarantee. It will depend on their application.

Anubhav97

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Just want to know if this pandemic situation will affect the application in anyway.
They are my immediate family and I want them here for my me as I am the only child

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just want to know if this pandemic situation will affect the application in anyway.
They are my immediate family and I want them here for my me as I am the only child
Pandemic has resulted in longer processing times but your parents can still apply.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello, I am also sailing in the same boat. I am a Canadian PR and currently in India. I have got a job offer and hence moving to Toronto next month. Can I apply for my parent's visitor visa while being in India? Is there another forum of a similar case?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am also sailing in the same boat. I am a Canadian PR and currently in India. I have got a job offer and hence moving to Toronto next month. Can I apply for my parent's visitor visa while being in India? Is there another forum of a similar case?
Well they can apply. Processing is around 8 months so you will be in Canada by then.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Well they can apply. Processing is around 8 months so you will be in Canada by then.
CIC site says 154 days though. Are you referring to the actual processing timeline? Anyways, since the biometrics are not being done for visitor visa in India, it's going to be a tough fight.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
CIC site says 154 days though. Are you referring to the actual processing timeline? Anyways, since the biometrics are not being done for visitor visa in India, it's going to be a tough fight.
Times have come down but can’t get biometrics.

THD

Jan 25, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Hope you are doing well.
I am a PR holder, staying in Canada for the past 2 years.
I would like to process visitor visa for my mother and we are anticipating her visit to be for around 2 months
She is currently working in India, however does not have sufficient funds to declare.
I plan on providing the invitation letter as well as vouch to financially support her stay entirely in Canada.
I can provide necessary documentation to support financial status here.
Can you please let me know what documents can be provided to prove that I can support my mother during her stay in Canada

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Hope you are doing well.
I am a PR holder, staying in Canada for the past 2 years.
I would like to process visitor visa for my mother and we are anticipating her visit to be for around 2 months
She is currently working in India, however does not have sufficient funds to declare.
I plan on providing the invitation letter as well as vouch to financially support her stay entirely in Canada.
I can provide necessary documentation to support financial status here.
Can you please let me know what documents can be provided to prove that I can support my mother during her stay in Canada

Thank you!
In general the visitor must be the one that needs to show that they have the funds to pay for their travellers. You will need to include her proif of funds as well as your own.