+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents - Issue regarding name and marriage certificate

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents and have run into the following issues :

a. ) On my father's passport his name is printed as ABC DEF (ABC being the first name, DEF being the last name). However, In my mother's passport, his name is printed as ABC DEF GHI (GHI being the family name.). On almost all other documents the name is ABC DEF GHI. Would this cause an issue? How should I go about it ? Presently I am applying their visas through one application. Would it help if I made two different applications?

b.) There is no marriage certificate as it got misplaced, would and affidavit be enough?

Thanks alot for your help guys!!

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents and have run into the following issues :

a. ) On my father's passport his name is printed as ABC DEF (ABC being the first name, DEF being the last name). However, In my mother's passport, his name is printed as ABC DEF GHI (GHI being the family name.). On almost all other documents the name is ABC DEF GHI. Would this cause an issue? How should I go about it ? Presently I am applying their visas through one application. Would it help if I made two different applications?

b.) There is no marriage certificate as it got misplaced, would and affidavit be enough?

Hello
I’m in the same situation . Can you help me and tell me what you did and did your parents get visa ?

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
Can you tell me what you did - like did you submit any letter - is there a sample letter ?

also how did you get the medical insurance?

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Hello
Is visa approved?
Can you tell me what you did for name issue ?