+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents from India

priyankarupel

Apr 9, 2018
Hi, I want to apply for my Parents visitor visa , I am currently on work permit in Canada. I have read online that right now only allowed travel is for parents of PR or citizenship holders. Any idea if it has changed? can I atleast apply for their visa and keep it ready, not sure if Biometric is operating in India.
Is there a waiver that I can request IRCC for their travel authorization. Need expert advice on this.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks! My main reason is that I am expecting with due date in December and hence will need them here. Do you think this is a compelling reason to request for a waiver?
Based on the experiences of others here, this scenario is unlikely to be accepted as an exception. However you can certainly try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would make sure you have a plan B because even spouses are not guven visas to attend births. Your spouse should be able to take some parental leave even for a week or two. Believe you are still only allowed one extra person in hospital with you when you deliver.

JK89

Sep 17, 2020
Thanks! My main reason is that I am expecting with due date in December and hence will need them here. Do you think this is a compelling reason to request for a waiver?
Hi There, I am also in the same situation as my wife is expecting in late December and we're on a work permit right now. I am also applying for my parents' visa don't know if it will get approved within time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi There, I am also in the same situation as my wife is expecting in late December and we're on a work permit right now. I am also applying for my parents' visa don't know if it will get approved within time.
They don’t meet the travel restrictions to travel even if approved. You can certainly try to ask for special consideration but I don’t think there is a good chance it will be awarded based on others being refused when they wanted to visit dying Canadians.