Visitor Visa for Parent: Refused

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
We have applied for Visitor Visa for my parents. Unfortunately, both the applications got refused. My father is retired and my mother is close to retiring (currently working as a teacher). I have provided detailed Purpose of Travel and explained the situation regarding the finances (I will be taking the responsibility for their stay here). They do not have any travel history. Here are the reasons for refusal:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment
prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment
situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

Has anybody been in a similar situation? How can we improve our chance of getting the visa? Should we consider Supervisa instead of Visitor Visa?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,
We have applied for Visitor Visa for my parents. Unfortunately, both the applications got refused. My father is retired and my mother is close to retiring (currently working as a teacher). I have provided detailed Purpose of Travel and explained the situation regarding the finances (I will be taking the responsibility for their stay here). They do not have any travel history. Here are the reasons for refusal:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment
prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment
situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

Has anybody been in a similar situation? How can we improve our chance of getting the visa? Should we consider Supervisa instead of Visitor Visa?

Thanks!
Where are your parents currently living? In their home country or elsewhere?

How much did they show in proof of funds to support their trip to Canada? Do they have property and assets?

Is it just you in Canada or do you have other family / siblings in Canada?

Do they have previous travel to countries requiring visas?

You'll still need to overcome these refusal reasons even if you apply for a super visa.

Reactions: progression

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where are your parents currently living? In their home country or elsewhere?

How much did they show in proof of funds to support their trip to Canada? Do they have property and assets?

Is it just you in Canada or do you have other family / siblings in Canada?

Do they have previous travel to countries requiring visas?

You'll still need to overcome these refusal reasons even if you apply for a super visa.
They are still living in their home country. They did not show any fund in their accounts as it is pretty clear that my father's pension money and my mother's salary combined will not be enough. Instead, I wrote that I will support them financially throughout and provided details from my bank accounts. They do have assets (home, land, etc.) but we did not list them. I live in Canada with my family. My brother is also not with my parents (living in another country).

As for previous travel, they have none.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They are still living in their home country. They did not show any fund in their accounts as it is pretty clear that my father's pension money and my mother's salary combined will not be enough. Instead, I wrote that I will support them financially throughout and provided details from my bank accounts. They do have assets (home, land, etc.) but we did not list them. I live in Canada with my family. My brother is also not with my parents (living in another country).

As for previous travel, they have none.
They need to show their own funds, even if they are not substantial.

You needed to show evidence they have assets as proof they have ties to their home country.

You can't do anything about their travel history.

Before you reapply, I would strongly recommend you dedicate a few days to reading through the posts int he Visitors section of the forum to understand how to put together a strong application.

Reactions: progression

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They need to show their own funds, even if they are not substantial.

You needed to show evidence they have assets as proof they have ties to their home country.

You can't do anything about their travel history.

Before you reapply, I would strongly recommend you dedicate a few days to reading through the posts int he Visitors section of the forum to understand how to put together a strong application.
That is for sure! We will try getting some more documents to strengthen our case. Regarding the posts, do you have any threads that you particularly recommend reading?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That is for sure! We will try getting some more documents to strengthen our case. Regarding the posts, do you have any threads that you particularly recommend reading?
No - I don't have any specific threads to recommend.