+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parent and sibling to attend convocation

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
My sister is applying as dependent with my father as main applicant. She turns 18 in a few days Should I hurry and apply for her 18th birthday or it doesnt impact the way the application is treated even if she crosses 18? Is there any advantage of applying before her 18th birthday?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My sister is applying as dependent with my father as main applicant. She turns 18 in a few days Should I hurry and apply for her 18th birthday or it doesnt impact the way the application is treated even if she crosses 18? Is there any advantage of applying before her 18th birthday?
No impact. It is under 22.

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
But GCkey requires one more form (Family information form) after turning 18 . So, I thought the application is considered different in nature by IRCC

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Thanks , I tried the questionaire in gckey by setting her birth date as 1998 (above 22 yrs old) but still the system is letting both people on the same application. Isn't child over 22 not considered a dependent? How come both fit in the same? That lets to the question " What does being a dependent actually imply in applications?"

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
It only says who qualifies as a dependent child but doesn't differentiates beetween a child who qualifies as a dependent and who doesn't. How they can proceed with their application with relation to main applicant?