+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for new born

fuyicn

Feb 15, 2022
there is a question:
My wife and I both are PR. my baby will come in May. but my wife doesn't want to have delivery in Canada.
If the new baby wants to apply for the visitor visa, is there any way to get it fast? or is there any policy that the new baby can enter without visa or with travel doc?
thx

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
there is a question:
My wife and I both are PR. my baby will come in May. but my wife doesn't want to have delivery in Canada.
If the new baby wants to apply for the visitor visa, is there any way to get it fast? or is there any policy that the new baby can enter without visa or with travel doc?
thx
There is no fast way or policy to enter without travel documents. Baby needs a vistor visa to enter Canada if not PR. Are you going to be in Canada or home country during and after birth? You cannot apply for the infant’s PR without one parent in Canada. So you need to apply for TRV and wait. If refused, you apply for a TRP. In the meantime, you need to be in Canada to start sponsorship. Make sure you have health insurance for infant because may not have access to services until PR is approved.