+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my sister

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am a PR, and I want to invite my sister to come to Canada, Do you know if they process visitor visas for siblings now? She has done the biometrics before (her previous application was rejected). I have not seen her for 3 years and I want my mom to come here but she needs help during the flight, so I thought it would be great if my sister helps her and comes with her.
Do you think it is a good idea to apply for her now?
And the other question I have is about the bank account. She is going to get a letter from her bank, showing how much money she has. Do you know what is a good amount to have to secure the visa? and how long is the letter valid? If she gets it today and I apply for her in 3 weeks, would the letter date acceptable? thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They will process but timelines can be long. She also needs written authorization to travel. She needs to show strong ties - funds, family, job, property etc. How much does she have?

Reactions: SiminB

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
They will process but timelines can be long. She also needs written authorization to travel. She needs to show strong ties - funds, family, job, property etc. How much does she have?

Thank you! I am not sure, have to confirm with her, but I think it should be around CAD 20,000. Do you know if there is any minimum amount?
Also, should we put the written authorization in the visa application, or is it for after getting the visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you! I am not sure, have to confirm with her, but I think it should be around CAD 20,000. Do you know if there is any minimum amount?
Also, should we put the written authorization in the visa application, or is it for after getting the visa?
You can apply for authorization at the same time as the visa. 20K should be enough although it also depends on other factors.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Money is just one factor. Strong ties are her job, family in home country, property etc.
You are right, last time she got rejected, but at that time I was a student here, now I am working and have PR. So I hope this time she gets that. The issue is she is single, but she has the job letter and property under her name. And all our family (mom, sister, and brother) are in her home country. Let me know if you have any tips/recommendations.
Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are right, last time she got rejected, but at that time I was a student here, now I am working and have PR. So I hope this time she gets that. The issue is she is single, but she has the job letter and property under her name. And all our family (mom, sister, and brother) are in her home country. Let me know if you have any tips/recommendations.
Thanks!
You working and having PR makes little difference. She is the one who needs the strong profile. A job is great and her visit should be only for a few weeks. If not visa officers will question how much time she gets off. Property is good too. Family ties are weak if your mother is travelling to Canada.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
You working and having PR makes little difference. She is the one who needs the strong profile. A job is great and her visit should be only for a few weeks. If not visa officers will question how much time she gets off. Property is good too. Family ties are weak if your mother is travelling to Canada.
Thanks!
Just a question, I applied for my mom's visa about two months ago, and she got the visa. In the letter I mentioned she will come around July. But she probably will not come until September, and I was hoping my mom and my sister come together. Now that you mentioned if mom travels, it affects her ties, maybe I should not mention this. But I am worried that they may check and see my mom has a valid visa. How likely is it that they check my mother's visa status?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks!
Just a question, I applied for my mom's visa about two months ago, and she got the visa. In the letter I mentioned she will come around July. But she probably will not come until September, and I was hoping my mom and my sister come together. Now that you mentioned if mom travels, it affects her ties, maybe I should not mention this. But I am worried that they may check and see my mom has a valid visa. How likely is it that they check my mother's visa status?
If your sister hasn’t even applied, she may not get a response by September. All depends where she is applying from. Don’t have your sister lie. Of course, officer’s can check other family members information.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
If your sister hasn’t even applied, she may not get a response by September. All depends where she is applying from. Don’t have your sister lie. Of course, officer’s can check other family members information.
You are right, I did not mean to lie. I meant maybe she should not mention that she wants to travel with my mother, initially I thought this would be a good reason and can help her visa, as my mom may need help during the flight. But now I am thinking maybe she should not mention this as a reason for her travel, as you said, she may not get the visa till September, so honestly, they might not be able to come together at all!

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
How about IMM0006, do we really need to submit it with TRV online? And what’s the reason to travel should be :)? I think in my invitation letter I could say, just to visit me this summer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How about IMM0006, do we really need to submit it with TRV online? And what’s the reason to travel should be :)? I think in my invitation letter I could say, just to visit me this summer.
Don’t know form numbers but if it says to do that you do. Visit for the summer is not essential travel during Covid. For example, Medical care is essential.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
This form is to prove your are an extended family member and needs to be signed by a lawyer or notaray. Statutory declaration is the form

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone
I have a question about the employment letter. My sister's employer is writing her a letter showing that they are Ok with her leaving her job for 25 days. She asked them to write it in English, however, the letterhead is in another language. So should she translate the letterhead? Is it better if she asks them to write the letter in their own language and then she translates the whole letter? Which one do you suggest?
Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
I have a question about the employment letter. My sister's employer is writing her a letter showing that they are Ok with her leaving her job for 25 days. She asked them to write it in English, however, the letterhead is in another language. So should she translate the letterhead? Is it better if she asks them to write the letter in their own language and then she translates the whole letter? Which one do you suggest?
Thanks!
The letterhead doesn’t need to be translated.