+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my sister-in-law

longtimewait

Jan 14, 2013
Hi All,

We are expecting our second child and since we do not have any friends and family in Canada, we were planning to invite my sister-in-law for a visit to Canada.

My sister-in-law is single and not working. She has not traveled outside of India. We have applied for her visitor visa from India two times, but it has been denied.

I am planning to apply for her visa the third time and adding information about the pregnancy situation and that she would be lending a helping hand for the initial few weeks.

I would really appreciate your suggestions in this matter so that we can make a compelling case for my sister-in-law's visitor visa.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Adding information about your pregnancy will likely guarantee a rejection. Her helping you is considered work. The fact she is single, unemployed and has no travel history will, IMO, solidify another rejection. She has limited ties, funds and history to be approved.

longtimewait

Jan 14, 2013
Adding information about your pregnancy will likely guarantee a rejection. Her helping you is considered work. The fact she is single, unemployed and has no travel history will, IMO, solidify another rejection. She has limited ties, funds and history to be approved.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Any ideas, what should we do in such a scenario?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Until your sister in law can show an employment history and funds, and strong ties to India, she should apply again. The more often you apply and receive refusals, the more likely it will become increasingly difficult for her to ever get a TRV. Did you order the gcms notes from her previous refusals? I would start with that and figure out how to address the visa officers concerns on those previous refusals. If those reasons aren’t addressed, they will reject the application again. Submitting application after application without correcting the issue is pointless.

Reactions: canuck78

longtimewait

Jan 14, 2013
Until your sister in law can show an employment history and funds, and strong ties to India, she should apply again. The more often you apply and receive refusals, the more likely it will become increasingly difficult for her to ever get a TRV. Did you order the gcms notes from her previous refusals? I would start with that and figure out how to address the visa officers concerns on those previous refusals. If those reasons aren’t addressed, they will reject the application again. Submitting application after application without correcting the issue is pointless.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your explanation, makes sense. Will it help if I apply for my father-in-law's visa and sister-in-law's visa together. My father-in-law can easily show his strong ties to India easily. Thoughts?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Visas are assessed on an individual basis. There are loads of examples here where parents will get a TRV and there children are refused. Best to strengthen her own circumstances if she want to get a visa. She can also start by taking trips to other countries that require visas (I.e Australia).