+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my mom

Dimple kapoor

Feb 21, 2020
Being a single parent, my mom had always been my biggest support. Now, i am settled in Canada as PR and want her to meet us here for holidays. Last year her visa was refused due to 1. Under doubt for her Return to home country
2. Purpose of the visit

what shall we consider the most this time? Plz advise

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Being a single parent, my mom had always been my biggest support. Now, i am settled in Canada as PR and want her to meet us here for holidays. Last year her visa was refused due to 1. Under doubt for her Return to home country
2. Purpose of the visit

what shall we consider the most this time? Plz advise
what did you put for purpose of visit? If you say its to help you because you are a single mom then they can refuse because they consider that legal work.
What ties does your mom have to ensure that she would go back? Does she have a job? A husband? Property?

Dimple kapoor

Feb 21, 2020
My mom is a single parent. She has devoted all her life for my upbringing. She is a homemaker but she has property and house on her name.
the purpose of visit was to meet me and my family in Canada and spend some time with us and also to support me to settle quickly in Canada. We came just 1.4 years ago as PR.
i think because I am the only child of my parents and my mom is living alone. This was the biggest reason for refusal.

Reactions: canuck78

Dimple kapoor

Feb 21, 2020
My mom is a single parent. She has devoted all her life for my upbringing. She is a homemaker but she has property and house on her name.
the purpose of visit was to meet me and my family in Canada and spend some time with us and also to support me to settle quickly in Canada. We came just 1.4 years ago as PR.
i think because I am the only child of my parents and my mom is living alone. This was the biggest reason for refusal.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
sorry I misread your post I thought you were the single parent, but yes you would be correct as she is a homemaker without a job (maybe never worked in her life?) and her only child is in Canada it would be possible for her to overstay.