+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for my Brother

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
Hello Everyone,
My brother is applying for visitor visa to Canada. I have to send Invitation letter to him for this purpose. I want to know if I can get the invitation letter signed by Oath commissioner and send a scanned copy of it to my brother and he can just attach that copy in his file. Or do I have to send the original copy via courier for his file.

Also, he is showing the following ties to his country (India). Will this be enough for him to prove that he will go back or we need to give more proofs as well. He is visiting Canada just for two weeks:

1. Vacation and employment letter from his company where he works stating that he will join back his work after vacation of two weeks and his manager knows about his visit to Canada.

2. My brother is married and his wife will not be travelling with him. He will be coming alone.

3. My old parents live in India, so he is the only son to take care of them, so he will go back.

Also, he is showing $2000 as available funds. I am showing my bank statements as financial proof. Also, I have declared in my invitation letter that I will take care of all his expenses and he will stay with me during his entire stay and I have a 2 bedroom apartment( lease on my name).

Thank You!

Reactions: Khush2127

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everyone,
My brother is applying for visitor visa to Canada. I have to send Invitation letter to him for this purpose. I want to know if I can get the invitation letter signed by Oath commissioner and send a scanned copy of it to my brother and he can just attach that copy in his file. Or do I have to send the original copy via courier for his file.
An invitation letter signed by you (not by the Commissioner of Oaths) will suffice. You can scan and email it to him. Originals are not required.

Also, he is showing the following ties to his country (India). Will this be enough for him to prove that he will go back or we need to give more proofs as well. He is visiting Canada just for two weeks:
You'll need to post the list of documents that he intends to submit so that we can advise. Do note that explanations/ties will count only if backed by evidence.

Also, he is showing $2000 as available funds.
The available funds are extremely low. It will not cover the cost of airfare + his intended itinerary (hope he has prepared one).

I am showing my bank statements as financial proof. Also, I have declared in my invitation letter that I will take care of all his expenses and he will stay with me during his entire stay and I have a 2 bedroom apartment( lease on my name).
Your finances/financial situation is secondary and except for providing accommodation, it does not count. Your brother must prove that he has the financial resources to afford the visit without depending on you/without borrowing from anyone.

Also, it's not necessary to submit your lease agreement/receipts for his TRV application

Mitchyzinc

Dec 23, 2016
UAE
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Hello Mannj,

How's the application of your brother? I will also apply for my siblings. need advise

Reactions: Khush2127

Khush2127

Oct 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

1. Vacation and employment letter from his company where he works stating that he will join back his work after vacation of two weeks and his manager knows about his visit to Canada.

2. My brother is married and his wife will not be travelling with him. He will be coming alone.

3. My old parents live in India, so he is the only son to take care of them, so he will go back.

Also, he is showing $2000 as available funds. I am showing my bank statements as financial proof. Also, I have declared in my invitation letter that I will take care of all his expenses and he will stay with me during his entire stay and I have a 2 bedroom apartment( lease on my name).

Thank You!
Hey how your brothers application went